Tuesday, July 21, 2015

I Need to Make It Rain

Photo copyright Aji, 2015; all rights reserved.
Everything will be late today. I mean everything.

I'm battling still-bottlenecked e-mail and yet another migraine. I've spent most of July with both, and no, there's nothing for it except to ride it out. Same with the autoimmune pain that has spiked again. Same with the constant underlying fear that accompanies a lousy economy and the attendant lack of sales; it never ends, it's always there hovering, and so is the fear that the bottom can drop out even further at any moment. I hate living in fear, but that's the state of things in this society.

Before anyone says it:  Yes, there are a few items newly marked "sold." You know why? Family obligations. A great many of the things that get marked "sold" are actually gifts, whether as part of cultural traditional responsibilities or as ordinary gifts to someone who needs something. We do that a lot, without talking about it. But I'm mentioning it now, because there's always someone to say to me privately, "But you've sold X, Y, and Z." There are things that need to be done, and they get done. And it often means a financial loss. Which is fine, but right now, I need to drum up some gains to counterbalance all the red in the ledger.

All posts will be late today. Maybe only a little; maybe a lot. In the meantime, I need our friends to share two links: Wings's site; and my Patreon link. Because truly, I cannot do it by myself; there isn't enough of me to go around. I'm doing everything I can to make it rain. Believe me, I'm doing everything I can think of and more, but there's a limit to my own solitary reach.

Thanks.



All content, including photos and text, are copyright Aji, 2015; all rights reserved. Nothing herein may used or reproduced in any form without the express written permission of the owner.


No comments :

Post a Comment