Tuesday, August 30, 2016

New Photos, New Timeline, New Share Requests, New Work in the Pipeline

Photo copyright Aji, 2016; all rights reserved.

Well, it doesn't look like a drastic difference from yesterday, but they actually got quite a bit done. The most obvious change is the topping of the lintels and filling in the adobes around and above them.


Photo copyright Aji, 2016; all rights reserved.
What's not obvious from the photos are a couple of "invisible" accomplishments: The guys identified a couple of major problems with the blueprints, brought them to us, and walked us through the options for resolving them. In both cases, I'm actually getting what I ideally wanted, but was led to believe was not workable (when in fact, the plans as laid out are what's not workable). One of them involves moving the staircase to where I actually wanted it in the first place (but was told I didn't), and it's taking the shape I most wanted, but assumed was not sensible (it is). 

We were down one guy today (a different one from yesterday). hey also had to knock off an hour and half early because of rain. We're supposed to be getting a lot of rain tomorrow, so fingers crossed that they can get a lot done before it hits, because the bond beam is scheduled to go in on Friday. I think the vigas are being delivered then, too; he bond beam will have the weekend to set and harden, and then they get to work on vigas and the ceiling interstices.

Money. Out the door. On little legs, as fast as they can run.

So. One of my warrior sisters posted a diary for us tonight, emphasizing the need for shares of our YouCaring page. Please T&R and share it, too. I know people don't believe this, because if they did, they'd be sharing it, but Imma say it again: It really does make a difference when you share the link via the widgets from the YouCaring page itself. This is especially true of the widget code from the purple box at the lower right-hand corner of the page, which gives you this:


And it's not just Facebook; it's Twitter, and e-mail, and other social media sites and platforms.

We also need shares of Wings's Web site. This pays the bills on a day-to-day basis, and it forms the base of the funding for construction of the house (yes, the crowdfunding is necessary, but not sufficient). So please keep sharing them.

I will tell you frankly that I have been slammed all day, and I still have work to do yet tonight, even though it's after 10:30 here, and I am somewhere way past exhaustion out into the desert where you wind up punchy and mildly delirious. That's not gonna change for a while. So while we are profoundly grateful for all the help folks have given us thus far, I despair of getting enough time to myself to issue more concrete thank-yous in the short term. Please bear with me. Given the effect of the cold and weather on my autoimmune disease, I'm barely functional right now as it is. But I keep putting one foot in front of the other anyway, because there's no other option. 

A couple of notes:  Tomorrow, and probably Thursday, and definitely Friday, I'll have new photos of the progress on the house. Friday should be interesting. Also tomorrow, I'll be posting the first of some of Wings's new works, one that was completed only yesterday. He's slammed right now, too, with a number of commissions in the pipeline, plus the new work he needs to get out there. In this business, "the holidays" begin in October, and he needs to have the inventory built up sufficiently.



All content, including photos and text, are copyright Aji, 2016; all rights reserved. Nothing herein may used or reproduced in any form without the express written permission of the owner.

No comments :

Post a Comment