Monday, September 12, 2016

Vigas! And a few share requests.

Photo copyright Aji, 2016; all rights reserved.
The vigas began going up today.

This is incredibly heavy work, and I actually have no idea how they're hoisting them that high, because I was pulled in so many directions at once that I didn't even get to see a single one being lifted, much less get any photos of the process. However, seven remain to go up tomorrow, so I plan to be out there with the camera then.

Photo copyright Aji, 2016; all rights reserved.
The guys worked in the rain at the end of the day to get the remaining vigas treated: coated with a combination of turpentine and linseed oil to help preserve and protect them. The ones you see here are the ones that will be installed tomorrow.

Then things really begin to move.
Which means, of course, that we still need shares. Share of our YouCaring page via the widgets provided, especially the one at the lower right that gives you this:


Shares of Wings's site, to promote the sales that keep us going on a day-to-day basis, as well as help fund the construction.

And shares of my warrior sister's diary for us at the GOS, which includes additional photos and more information. 

Much gratitude to everyone who has given us a hand in one way or another. As I predicted last night, there was not only no respite from the pace today, but a ratcheting up of it all, and tomorrow will be more of the same. I'm hoping things calm a bit on Wednesday, but I wouldn't go bail for it. In other words, expect to see me when you see me, and I apologize for being late on absolutely everything.



All content, including photos and text, are copyright Aji, 2016; all rights reserved. Nothing herein may used or reproduced in any form without the express written permission of the owner.

No comments :

Post a Comment