Saturday, December 2, 2017

I will breathe. Sales/shares/registries needed.

Photo credit Marcos Martinez, 2017;
all rights reserved.

When I need strength to make it through, I post wedding pix.  Y'all'll deal.

I needed to get oxygen today. The docs have all known about this problem (the nurses are the ones who've raised it), and all declined to bother about it. Out that out of three local supply stores, only one's Web site said it was open today. Guess what? It's not.

I may not sleep before Monday.

No, it's not obstructed breathing or lungs, and it's not any of the usual things, but in every hospital/ization, this was an issue and plain O2 fixed it. Despite repeated grilling on our part, no one could be bothered, so I'm apparently expected to survive more than a week without it. 

Do not bring up the ER to me. This facility is a large part of why my situation is what it is. I'm not going to elaborate further (oh, there's a lot, but it's not for now), but I will say this once: If you think that's where I need to be, you don't understand the situation.

I'm doing next to nothing. Wings is carrying almost the full load right now, because there's not much I can do. I won't know anything at all before next Thursday afternoon, so there's no point in asking; if we're lucky, we'll be able to rent the O2 on Monday, and I'll be able to sleep occasionally without worrying that I won't wake up. Also, I should make clear that, at the moment, at least, it's not an issue of money; it's an issue of there being no way outside an admit to get oxygen in this godforsaken town on a weekend. Not even urgent care can do it; there's none to be had. Yes, I'm angry. I have spent my whole life being told I was disposable, and now I'm disposable again. My life is not worth bothering with, according to the way this society sets itself up. But my spirit is stronger than theirs. I will breathe.

Lots of expenses coming down the pike, and we need to make some sales. Given the circumstances, I'm leaving up the donation link, too, and the registries have some new items on then, mostly lower-priced, to replace stuff damaged by the RV or given away when we first moved into it seven years ago. So please share the links:
  • Wings's direct PayPal link;
  • Wings's site, for sales;
  • Wayfair gift cards, to replenish all the furnishings that the RV has destroyed in one way or another.
  • Partial registry #1, from Bed, Bath and Beyond. There are new kitchen-y things on it now, stuff that I didn't realize we'd need to replace (either because the RV ruined it or because we gave it away when we had to downsize).
  • Partial registry #2, from Wayfair. Still waiting for them to resolve this fulfillment/shipping problem they have with their site. Even so, I've added some things (kitchen/dining room stuff mostly), most of which are comparatively reasonably priced. Now, it's going to be mostly odds and ends that make this place more liveable, because of the sheer volume of stuff destroyed by too many years in the RV (e.g., by the oven and stovetop, by the wiring, by the water, by the mold, etc.), or that we simply gave away seven years ago because we had no room and no place to put them and despaired of ever being able to use them again. A CHANGE ABOUT WAYFAIR:  NO MORE CROWDFUNDING. Their Web site coding is bad, and it will not permit crowdfunded items to ship. Items purchased outright arrive in two business days, but you can't even get the others out of the warehouse. I've spent the last month fighting with them about shipping the dozen or so things that folks fulfilled, and today's message was finally terse enough that they did the manual override, four whole weeks later, that I knew they could do but simply weren't bothering. But I'll be removing all the crowdfunding options. I'm supposed to keep my blood pressure down these days.
As I've also been saying, I am still catching up, and will be now for a while. But this is the holiday season, and the sales/commissions from these few weeks are what keep us alive throughout the whole long winter and spring months (to say nothing of what's in the offing medically), so please continue to share the links. And please refer folks to Wings's site (and if you have an endorsement, too, so much the better). I'll be trying, slowly but, I hope, steadily, to get caught up over the course of this week. We have some massive expenses coming down the pike, and a lot of testing yet to be done before I'm out of the woods. So please keep sharing all our links. For now, I'm just so damn grateful to be alive, to have a healthy heart, to be back home with the love of my life and our dogs, the whole world is beautiful. Thanks again, to everybody, and we love you all.





All content, including photos and text, are copyright Aji, 2017; all rights reserved. Nothing herein may used or reproduced in any form without the express written permission of the owner.

No comments :

Post a Comment