Saturday, December 9, 2017

Warmer today, ice notwithstanding. Very, very tired. Sales/shares/registries needed.

Photo copyright Aji, 2017; all rights reserved.

Our pond. Despite the ice, the wind dwindled today to almost nothing, so it was finally able to warm up a bit.  It'll get down to single digits again overnight, or very close to it, but today's high was fifty, and it actually felt like fifty. I shouldn't want it to be this warm; this is climate change in real time, and it's not at all a good thing. But I'm having trouble staying warm these days, so I'm not going to be ungrateful for it.

I am, however, really, really tired right now, so tonight's post is going to be very pro forma. I'm feeling better, and yet at the same time not feeling very well. Yeah, I know that doesn't seem to make much sense, but nothing about this does. I was well enough to be able to disconnect and do some stuff around here very (VERY) slowly, but then I have to hook myself back up again and suck down oxygen. It's looking like I'm going to have rent this sucker for another week, given that I have no idea what Amazon has done with the other one. Also, I'll have to forego the portable unit, even though my doctor just wrote a scrip for it; the prices are flatly absurd. I'm hoping that I hear Monday on an ETA for the CPAP unit, at least. [To be clear, before anyone says anything: I don't have regular apnea, and they don't even think what apnea-like symptoms I do have are at the root of this, only another manifestation of some other underlying cause. But if it fixes even just some of it, we've just short-circuited a lot of unnecessary time and expense.] And now, I'm beat, and I need to go stoke up the fire because it's feeling like it's burned out. The rest is cut and paste.

Lots of expenses coming down the pike (first one already here in yesterday's mail), and we need to make some sales. Given the circumstances, I'm leaving up the donation link, too, and the registries have some new items on then, mostly lower-priced, to replace stuff damaged by the RV or given away when we first moved into it seven years ago. So please share our links:
  • Wings's direct PayPal link;
  • Wings's site, for sales;
  • Wayfair gift cards, to replenish all the furnishings that the RV has destroyed in one way or another.
  • Partial registry #1, from Bed, Bath and Beyond. There are new kitchen-y things on it now, stuff that I didn't realize we'd need to replace (either because the RV ruined it or because we gave it away when we had to downsize).
  • Partial registry #2, from Wayfair. Still waiting for them to resolve this fulfillment/shipping problem they have with their site. Even so, I've added some things (kitchen/dining room stuff mostly), most of which are comparatively reasonably priced. Now, it's going to be mostly odds and ends that make this place more liveable, because of the sheer volume of stuff destroyed by too many years in the RV (e.g., by the oven and stovetop, by the wiring, by the water, by the mold, etc.), or that we simply gave away seven years ago because we had no room and no place to put them and despaired of ever being able to use them again. A CHANGE ABOUT WAYFAIR:  NO MORE CROWDFUNDING. Their Web site coding is bad, and it will not permit crowdfunded items to ship. Items purchased outright arrive in two business days, but you can't even get the others out of the warehouse. I've spent the last month fighting with them about shipping the dozen or so things that folks fulfilled, and today's message was finally terse enough that they did the manual override, four whole weeks later, that I knew they could do but simply weren't bothering. But I'll be removing all the crowdfunding options. I'm supposed to keep my blood pressure down these days.
As I've also been saying, I am still catching up, and will be now for a while. But this is the holiday season, and the sales/commissions from these few weeks are what keep us alive throughout the whole long winter and spring months (to say nothing of what's in the offing medically), so please continue to share the links. And please refer folks to Wings's site (and if you have an endorsement, too, so much the better). I'll be trying, slowly but, I hope, steadily, to get caught up over the course of this week. We have some massive expenses coming down the pike, and a lot of testing yet to be done before I'm out of the woods. So please keep sharing all our links. For now, I'm just so damn grateful to be alive, to have a healthy heart, to be back home with the love of my life and our dogs, the whole world is beautiful. Thanks again, to everybody, and we love you all.





All content, including photos and text, are copyright Aji, 2017; all rights reserved. Nothing herein may used or reproduced in any form without the express written permission of the owner.

No comments :

Post a Comment