Friday, December 1, 2017

Water to the kitchen! And a lot of problems, and a long wait ahead of me. Sales/shares (including registries) badly needed.

Photo copyright Aji, 2017; all rights reserved.

We finally have water to the kitchen! Still no dishwasher (that'll come Monday), but at least we have a working sink, so we no longer have to wash dishes outside in the cold, or in the tiny downstairs bathroom sink. Of course, we've accumulated an additional $1,600 in plumber's fees, but at least there's running water in the kitchen. I'm supposed to limit my activity severely, so this will save me a great deal of back-and-forthing. 

Right now, though, I'm feeling too crappy to bother with much more. As I said last night, I'm battling exhaustion and unsteadiness and all sorts of dislocating physical symptoms, and there's not much I can do but breathe. To be honest, it's scaring the hell out of me, and no one will do anything at all until I get into the doctor next Thursday. I'm pretty sure I know what it is, but it's not something I can treat myself, so I'm stuck holding on until somebody else can be bothered (do NOT say ER; they're part of why I'm in this mess). Anyway, I'm way behind on shipping things out and responding to requests and sending thank-yous, and I apologize. My body and brain just can't keep up the pace I need right now. Wings has taken on a huge workload as a result, because I'm barred from doing . . . well, much of anything at all until we have more definitive answers. Even riding along for the easiest errands wipes me out, and I can't even do basic shopping; Wings also won't leave me alone as a result. So please bear with me in the meantime, and please bear with the cut-and-paste (save for a significant change in the Wayfair bullet item) that follows.

Lots of expenses coming down the pike, and we need to make some sales. Given the circumstances, I'm leaving up the donation link, too, and the registries have some new items on then, mostly lower-priced, to replace stuff damaged by the RV or given away when we first moved into it seven years ago. So please share the links:
  • Wings's direct PayPal link;
  • Wings's site, for sales;
  • Wayfair gift cards, to replenish all the furnishings that the RV has destroyed in one way or another.
  • Partial registry #1, from Bed, Bath and Beyond. There are new kitchen-y things on it now, stuff that I didn't realize we'd need to replace (either because the RV ruined it or because we gave it away when we had to downsize).
  • Partial registry #2, from Wayfair. Still waiting for them to resolve this fulfillment/shipping problem they have with their site. Even so, I've added some things (kitchen/dining room stuff mostly), most of which are comparatively reasonably priced. Now, it's going to be mostly odds and ends that make this place more liveable, because of the sheer volume of stuff destroyed by too many years in the RV (e.g., by the oven and stovetop, by the wiring, by the water, by the mold, etc.), or that we simply gave away seven years ago because we had no room and no place to put them and despaired of ever being able to use them again. A CHANGE ABOUT WAYFAIR:  NO MORE CROWDFUNDING. Their Web site coding is bad, and it will not permit crowdfunded items to ship. Items purchased outright arrive in two business days, but you can't even get the others out of the warehouse. I've spent the last month fighting with them about shipping the dozen or so things that folks fulfilled, and today's message was finally terse enough that they did the manual override, four whole weeks later, that I knew they could do but simply weren't bothering. But I'll be removing all the crowdfunding options. I'm supposed to keep my blood pressure down these days.
As I've also been saying, I am still catching up, and will be now for a while. But this is the holiday season, and the sales/commissions from these few weeks are what keep us alive throughout the whole long winter and spring months (to say nothing of what's in the offing medically), so please continue to share the links. And please refer folks to Wings's site (and if you have an endorsement, too, so much the better). I'll be trying, slowly but, I hope, steadily, to get caught up over the course of this week. We have some massive expenses coming down the pike, and a lot of testing yet to be done before I'm out of the woods. So please keep sharing all our links. For now, I'm just so damn grateful to be alive, to have a healthy heart, to be back home with the love of my life and our dogs, the whole world is beautiful. Thanks again, to everybody, and we love you all.





All content, including photos and text, are copyright Aji, 2017; all rights reserved. Nothing herein may used or reproduced in any form without the express written permission of the owner.

No comments :

Post a Comment