Saturday, December 16, 2017

It's cold. A little work today that's a lot for me now, and this CPAP thing destroyed my sleep last night. Sales/shares very badly needed.

Photo copyright Aji, 2017; all rights reserved.

Yes, it's as cold as that photo looks.  Colder, actually, now that there's even less light. It finally didn't get out of the forties today; still too warm, but the nights feel very cold. They're not that bad for the most part (still too warm for this time of year), but since whatever happened to me last month happened, I have almost no tolerance for cold. It makes it really difficult to help with anything outside. In here, though, the woodstoves work absolute wonders.

Nothing on the tree yet, although we did get to the storage unit to look for ornaments. Apparently all of mine are gone save one small box of a half-dozen or so individual ornaments, but at least we salvaged those (after more than an hour of Wings digging around in all the heavy stuff, poor guy). We're hoping at least to get lights on the tree tonight, but after this day, who knows? I got a lot done in here, compared to the last month, but still nowhere near enough: laundry, dishes, sinks, meat and vegetables chopped and a stew going in the crock pot. That's normally a nothing day for me, but not anymore. And very little sleep last night; I only lasted an hour on that infernal CPAP, but if effed up my sleep for the rest of the night. I don't know about this. I mean, it's not actually supposed to hurt, is it? I'm not convinced that this is the problem, but I'll keep trying to up my hours until I'm on it all night. No guarantees, though.

But as I said last night, at least I'm here. Even so, this is going to to be a tough time. As I said last night, sales are way, WAY off this season. This is what usually gets us through the next four to six months, the holiday sales, and they're way down. Part of it is the mess that is our so-called government, with the fraud at the alleged top and the great swath of destruction he and his minions are carving through the country. Part of it is that that hedge-fund jackass built that stupid lift on the peak and blasted the mountain with explosives, and the spirits are now thoroughly pissed, and there is NO snow, so there is no tourism, either. I have no idea how we'll meet even minimal expenses, much less how we'll help our friend get down to her cancer treatment appointments. We couldn't do it this week, and her truck remains without a clutch. Forget what remains to be done on the house for now. We need to make some sales. A lot of them. But sales are not just what's going to keep me alive and Wings healthy; it's going to help other folks, too. Given the circumstances, I'm leaving up the donation link, too, and the registries have some new items on then, mostly lower-priced, to replace stuff damaged by the RV or given away when we first moved into it seven years ago. So please share our links:
  • Wings's direct PayPal link;
  • Wings's site, for sales;
  • Wayfair gift cards, to replenish all the furnishings that the RV has destroyed in one way or another.
  • Partial registry #1, from Bed, Bath and Beyond. There are new kitchen-y things on it now, stuff that I didn't realize we'd need to replace (either because the RV ruined it or because we gave it away when we had to downsize).
  • Partial registry #2, from Wayfair. Still waiting for them to resolve this fulfillment/shipping problem they have with their site. Even so, I've added some things (kitchen/dining room stuff mostly), most of which are comparatively reasonably priced. Now, it's going to be mostly odds and ends that make this place more liveable, because of the sheer volume of stuff destroyed by too many years in the RV (e.g., by the oven and stovetop, by the wiring, by the water, by the mold, etc.), or that we simply gave away seven years ago because we had no room and no place to put them and despaired of ever being able to use them again. A CHANGE ABOUT WAYFAIR:  NO MORE CROWDFUNDING. Their Web site coding is bad, and it will not permit crowdfunded items to ship. Items purchased outright arrive in two business days, but you can't even get the others out of the warehouse. 
As I've also been saying, I am still catching up, and will be now for a while. But this is the holiday season, and the sales/commissions from these few weeks are what keep us alive throughout the whole long winter and spring months (to say nothing of what's in the offing medically), so please continue to share the links. And please refer folks to Wings's site (and if you have an endorsement, too, so much the better). I'll be trying, slowly but, I hope, steadily, to get caught up over the course of this week. We have some massive expenses coming down the pike, and a lot of testing yet to be done before I'm out of the woods. So please keep sharing all our links. For now, I'm just so damn grateful to be alive, to have a healthy heart, to be back home with the love of my life and our dogs, the whole world is beautiful, even in spite of my terrible depression. Thanks again, to everybody, and we love you all.





All content, including photos and text, are copyright Aji, 2017; all rights reserved. Nothing herein may used or reproduced in any form without the express written permission of the owner.

No comments :

Post a Comment