Thursday, February 1, 2018

Balance. Bobby, helping Puerto Rico rebuild. And we still need sales and shares, badly.

Photo copyright Aji, 2018; all rights reserved.

Sometimes even the lovebird loses his balance. They're happy with each other though; they've been making their home here together, with us, for years now.

Today was even busier than yesterday, if that's possible; tons of errands, with me just trying to maintain as much as possible. I can tell that I am slowly getting a little of my strength back, although one wrong turn can send everything spiraling back down again. I've mostly kept the worst of the episodes largely at bay, although they're always there hovering around the edges, waiting to flatten me again. 

A couple of things: First, if you haven't seen it yet, I posted a second piece at my other site last night about the efforts of our friend Bobby in Puerto Rico. That will tell you what he's up against, and my e-mail's in my Blogger profile here (or you can DM at Twitter/FB); hit me up for his addresses if you want to contribute, either cash (most needed) or household and other items to help him help an elder rebuild his home.

Second, nothing's changed on our front for the moment. We still need sales and shares, and we need them badly. Sales particularly, given that the village closure is coming fast. The rest is cut-and-paste, because I'm buried under a massive to-do list and I'm still very, very far behind on all of it, so here are the links: 
  • Tonight's post elsewhere (applies to both of us sets of lovebirds);
  • A way to buy me coffee (which actually goes to She-Wolf's & my medical bills);
  • Wings's direct PayPal link;
  • Wings's site, for sales, with a new and fabulous pair of earrings just posted;
  • Wayfair gift cards, to replenish all the furnishings that the RV has destroyed in one way or another.
  • Partial registry #1, from Bed, Bath and Beyond. There are new kitchen-y things on it now, stuff that I didn't realize we'd need to replace (either because the RV ruined it or because we gave it away when we had to downsize).
  • Partial registry #2, from Wayfair. There are some things left on both registries that I thought by now I might be able just to buy outright, but medical bills (mine and She-Wolf's both) have to come first.
I had planned to some new stuff to launch at my new site today (or, rather, long before today), but between lack of money and technical issues, that's still on hold. This business of ignoring my symptoms and my pain  and discomfort does seem to be helping my brain and body both find some sort of accommodation with this oh-my-god-you're-going-to-die thing that keeps happening, which is to say, every time it crops up, I smack it ruthlessly back down and force myself to sit and breathe through it. I dunno how long this will keep working, but I'm going to bulldoze my way through it as much as possible, DX or no. Thanks, everybody, from both of us, for everything. 



All content, including photos and text, are copyright Aji, 2018; all rights reserved. Nothing herein may used or reproduced in any form without the express written permission of the owner.

No comments :

Post a Comment