Sunday, February 4, 2018

Ravens and crows and other tricksters. Sales badly needed; shares, too.

Photo copyright Aji, 2018; all rights reserved.

Forget eagles and pats; it's all ravens and crows here today. 

As you can see, The little Crow moved in and made herself right at home, all sprawled out and gnawing on She-Wolf's bone, which she bogarted for herself. (She-Wolf wasn't around, of course, or she'd never have dared.) Coyote didn't show today, although I wouldn't be surprised if they both come back later. At any rate, Crow is well-fed and watered, and she's already put on a little weight in just two days of a decent meal (which shows you how skinny she was). From that vantage point, she looks positively healthy, but her hip bones stick way up out of her back. She's got a ways to go yet. [And as I type this, I see little Coy out the window over by the fence, sitting there trying to decide whether to brave it with She-Wolf outside. She'll get fed, too; never fear.]

Warm and windy today. No precipitation anywhere in the extended forecast. A lot to do, though, including a lot yet this evening, and I'm slow these days, so I need to get on it. We've made a couple of good sales, but we could use a couple more before the weekend's out, so please keep sharing the link to our site. The rest is all cut-and-paste, so that I can get cracking on the rest of my work for today (which will no doubt also involve feeding a small tan trickster puppy). 

Also, if you're thinking about donating, DON'T. Give it to Bobby to help get Don Feliberto back into a real home. We know what it's like not to have one; we have one now, and donations need to go there to get this elder safe again. I posted a second piece at my other site a couple of nights ago about Bobby's efforts in Puerto Rico, including his adoption of Don Feliberto to get this abandoned elder into safe space again. That will tell you what he's up against, and my e-mail's in my Blogger profile here (or you can DM at Twitter/FB); hit me up for his addresses if you want to contribute, either cash (most needed) or household and other items, some of which you can purchase outright via the Amazon Wishlist Bobby's set up here.

What we need are SALES. Please. Spread the word. Valentine's Day is less than two weeks away, and Wings has produced some fabulous new work (a lot of explicitly Valentine's-like in imagery). If we could make about four really good sales over the weekend, the O2 unit would be covered (It's just over half-price, but full price is $5K, so that tells you what we're up against). Not donations. SALES. Send the link to our site to your friends and family. Spread it around on FB and Twitter and other social media.  My goal is $2,600 (plus tax) over the weekend, so that I don't lose this shot at mobility again. Here are the links: 
  • Tonight's post elsewhere (more accurate than anything else going on today);
  • A way to buy me coffee (which actually goes to She-Wolf's & my medical bills);
  • Wings's direct PayPal link;
  • Wings's site, for sales;
  • Wayfair gift cards, to replenish all the furnishings that the RV has destroyed in one way or another.
  • Partial registry #1, from Bed, Bath and Beyond. There are new kitchen-y things on it now, stuff that I didn't realize we'd need to replace (either because the RV ruined it or because we gave it away when we had to downsize).
  • Partial registry #2, from Wayfair. There are some things left on both registries that I thought by now I might be able just to buy outright, but medical bills (mine and She-Wolf's both) have to come first.
I had planned to some new stuff to launch at my new site today (or, rather, long before today), but between lack of money and technical issues, that's still on hold. This business of ignoring my symptoms and my pain  and discomfort does seem to be helping my brain and body both find some sort of accommodation with this oh-my-god-you're-going-to-die thing that keeps happening, which is to say, every time it crops up, I smack it ruthlessly back down and force myself to sit and breathe through it. I dunno how long this will keep working, but I'm going to bulldoze my way through it as much as possible, DX or no. Thanks, everybody, from both of us, for everything. 



All content, including photos and text, are copyright Aji, 2018; all rights reserved. Nothing herein may used or reproduced in any form without the express written permission of the owner.

No comments :

Post a Comment