Friday, February 9, 2018

Fire in the sky, and a throwback of a distinctly unpleasant sort. Sales (and shares) badly needed.

Photo copyright Aji, 2018; all rights reserved.

I said this morning that I wasn't feeling well.

That turned out to be an understatement.

I've spent the day thrown back to the way I was feeling three months ago, and as bad as it's been since? I'd actually forgotten just how truly, terrifyingly awful this can be. 

So not much tonight. I've been pushing it too hard for what my body can take anymore, apparently. I have a lot to do tomorrow, but fortunately, it should all take place here, so with luck, I won't have to do more than step outside. [Like I did to grab that shot of the fire in the sky. Allegedly, snow tomorrow night; we'll see if anything materializes.] But for now, mostly cut-and-paste from here on in.

We still need sales, which means we need shares. Badly. Again, if you're thinking about donating, DON'T. Give it to Bobby to help get Don Feliberto back into a real home. Here's the latest update. We know what it's like not to have one; we have one now, and donations need to go there to get this elder safe again. I posted a second piece at my other site a couple of nights ago about Bobby's efforts in Puerto Rico, including his adoption of Don Feliberto to get this abandoned elder into safe space again. That will tell you what he's up against, and my e-mail's in my Blogger profile here (or you can DM at Twitter/FB); hit me up for his addresses if you want to contribute, either cash (most needed) or household and other items, some of which you can purchase outright via the Amazon Wishlist Bobby's set up here. He's added a bunch of new items, all badly needed, and I can testify to the fact that need for the power cords, the tools, and the solar lights and equipment is probably exigent at this point. That said, when you're in a situation like Don Feliberto is, it's amazing how wonderful clean clothes and good coffee can make you feel, too.

What we need are SALES. Please. Spread the word. Valentine's Day is less than two weeks away, and Wings has produced some fabulous new work (a lot of explicitly Valentine's-like in imagery). I'll posted another new work for Valentine's Day at his site late today; the link to the site itself is below. Spread all of them around on FB and Twitter and other social media. The O2 issue is now solved, but there are all the ongoing regular expenses, the astronomical medical expenses, and of course, someday we'd like to be able to get the house finished. So here are the links: 
  • Tonight's post elsewhere (when it's all you can do, it has to be enough);
  • A way to buy me coffee (which actually goes to She-Wolf's & my medical bills);
  • Wings's direct PayPal link;
  • Wings's site, for sales;
  • Wayfair gift cards, to replenish all the furnishings that the RV has destroyed in one way or another.
  • Partial registry #1, from Bed, Bath and Beyond. There are new kitchen-y things on it now, stuff that I didn't realize we'd need to replace (either because the RV ruined it or because we gave it away when we had to downsize).
  • Partial registry #2, from Wayfair. There are some things left on both registries that I thought by now I might be able just to buy outright, but medical bills (mine and She-Wolf's both) have to come first.
I had planned to some new stuff to launch at my new site today (or, rather, long before today), but between lack of money and technical issues, that's still on hold. This business of ignoring my symptoms and my pain  and discomfort does seem to be helping my brain and body both find some sort of accommodation with this oh-my-god-you're-going-to-die thing that keeps happening, which is to say, every time it crops up, I smack it ruthlessly back down and force myself to sit and breathe through it. I dunno how long this will keep working, but I'm going to bulldoze my way through it as much as possible, DX or no. Thanks, everybody, from both of us, for everything. 



All content, including photos and text, are copyright Aji, 2018; all rights reserved. Nothing herein may used or reproduced in any form without the express written permission of the owner.

No comments :

Post a Comment