Thursday, February 15, 2018

Cree, the Spirit Horse, One Year On

Photo copyright Aji, 2018; all rights reserved.

My guy. And our girl. One of my favorite shots, despite the inherent grief in it.

It's been a year already.

Cree has been a Spirit Horse, racing across the sky, for a year tonight. She has Ive with her now, and I have no doubt that they are running in ways they couldn't when they left this place. Cree's forefeet are healed and whole, no rotation, no pain.

I just came back from the field where her body lies. I put cedar and tobacco on her resting place, and I told her we love her, as I always do. 

She's in our hearts every day, and I think she knows that. I miss her terribly. the one saving grace is that she has no pain now. She has her brother now, too.

We love you, Cree.



All content, including photos and text, are copyright Aji, 2018; all rights reserved. Nothing herein may used or reproduced in any form without the express written permission of the owner.


No comments :

Post a Comment