Monday, July 8, 2019

A rare bit of beauty and brilliance.

Photo copyright Aji, 2019; all rights reserved.

A rare bit of beauty and brilliance in what is an increasingly ugly world.

And it's all I've got for today. This week is already overflowing with tasks and expenses, and I've had virtually no sleep, thanks to the medical stuff. Aside from the spiraling depression that is doing its damnedest to suck me into the undertow, I have to get all these things done, and this week, that means starting early and working late.

All the rest is cut-and-paste; we have a big expense looming tomorrow with the annual chimney cleaning, and it has to be done; there are all the other repairs to plumbing and walls still looming. And my health, which I can't even bring myself to contemplate right now.

The financial stressors are aggravating all of it. Not much rain on that front, and it's wearing me especially thin right now. Probably late this week we'll have to get the plumber out here to deal with drain hose in the utility room and check the bathroom and kitchen, and I have no clue what that will set us back. The chimney people are coming out to clean the flues on Tuesday, and we can't put that off or we'll lose our discount. And as I've also said, we're staring down the barrel of $2,700 worth of cash payments this week (I keep putting them off in hopes of bringing in enough to cover them item for item, but this week is fish-or-cut-bait time). That's only two bills: one for quarterly taxes; the other for the most recent physician's group bill from the last biopsy that they've only now gotten around to sending me. On top of that, we're soon going to out some medical expenses for a third person; the young Native man who works for us needs medical care, and IHS is not an option, so we're trying this morning to arrange an appointment for him with our doc. If she doesn't take Medicaid, we're going to be on the hook for the bills, and we've made it plain that we'll do so; this situation can't continue. [His mother is dying of cancer, and the stress on him is epic. He's now away for a week at thing on the other end of the country for Indigenous students, and it'll be good for him to have a break.]

We sold two pieces a few days ago, coming to something less than a third of that total. But I've got to make some sales this weekend to cover the rest of this, so what follows is all the cut-and-paste: sales here; testimonials here; wishlist (such as it is still) here. Thanks to the two folks who sent in testimonials; once again, I'm going to try to get them up tonight, although it all depends on how the rest of the day goes. We need more folks to send them in, too. Wings dropped his new bead pieces (two necklaces; four pairs of earrings) a few days ago; you can find the summary post here. Please share their individual links, and be on the lookout for the other new works, especially the belt, which he hopes will be done finally this week. He also has two new cuffs, two new necklaces, and a pair of earrings in the works. And while I spend every spare moment chasing those sales, there aren't many spare moments for me these days, especially with my ongoing breathing issues and whatever else is going on that they haven't identified yet. So please, help us get the word out. I've got to bring in more sales somehow.



All content, including photos and text, are copyright Aji, 2019; all rights reserved. Nothing herein may used or reproduced in any form without the express written permission of the owner.

No comments :

Post a Comment