Friday, July 5, 2019

Low point.

Photo copyright Aji, 2019; all rights reserved.

Baby shawl dancer. A hungry one.

Not worth much right now. I can't seem to get the allergic reaction under control, which of course spikes my pain levels and makes breathing that much harder. I have to wonder, too, how much the invasiveness of both sets of tumors are contributing to my problems; no one seems able to get a handle on that, either. And after all these months (close to two years, actually) of battling all these things with virtually no success, with new ones piling on all the time, my depression is spiraling as much out of control as everything else. It's bad, and there's not a damn thing I can do about it; mine, rooted in multiple causes, is not receptive to any sort of management but time. I am at a particularly low point now, given that I can get so much as a second's break from the physical misery.

And then there's the matter of all the financial pressures. Probably next week we'll have to get the plumber out here to deal with drain hose in the utility room and check the bathroom and kitchen, and I have no clue what that will set us back. And as I've also said, we're staring down the barrel of $2,700 worth of cash payments this week (I keep putting them off in hopes of bringing in enough to cover them item for item). That's only two bills: one for quarterly taxes; the other for the most recent physician's group bill from the last biopsy that they've only now gotten around to sending me. On top of that, we're soon going to out some medical expenses for a third person; the young Native man who works for us needs medical care, and IHS is not an option, so we're trying this morning to arrange an appointment for him with our doc. If she doesn't take Medicaid, we're going to be on the hook for the bills, and we've made it plain that we'll do so; this situation can't continue.

We sold two pieces a couple of days ago, coming to something less than a third of that total. But I've got to make some sales this weekend to cover the rest of this, so what follows is all the cut-and-paste: sales here; testimonials here; wishlist (such as it is still) here. Thanks to the two folks who sent in testimonials; once again, I'm going to try to get them up tonight, although it all depends on how the rest of the day goes. We need more folks to send them in, too. Wings dropped his new bead pieces (two necklaces; four pairs of earrings) a few days ago; you can find the summary post here. Please share their individual links, and be on the lookout for the other new works, especially the belt, which he hopes will be done next week; this week's mostly shot by all the other demands on his time, although he's spending some time on it today. And while I spend every spare moment chasing those sales, there aren't many spare moments for me these days, especially with my ongoing breathing issues and whatever else is going on that they haven't identified yet. So please, help us get the word out.




All content, including photos and text, are copyright Aji, 2019; all rights reserved. Nothing herein may used or reproduced in any form without the express written permission of the owner.

No comments :

Post a Comment