Sunday, July 7, 2019

Sometimes blurry things are beautiful.

Photo copyright Aji, 2019; all rights reserved.

Sometimes blurry things are beautiful.

It started raining around 2:30 or 3:00 yesterday afternoon, and continued, with a few momentary stops, well into the night. It was a heavy but soft, steady rain, no cloudbursts, no hail, nothing to bounce off a hardened surface or cause flash flooding. Our world here glows this morning.

I also think I've figured out the allergy.  Which is a good thing, particularly since it's (mostly; there are exceptions, and I hope to god I don't fall into them) treatable. I have one supplement on order already. The bad news is that it will no maintenance inhaler for me. Ever.

So that's a problem. And I haven't allowed myself to go too far into what it might mean, because I'm already struggling with everything, trying very hard not to fall into the spiral even as it's busy sucking me down into the vortex no matter what I do. The only treatment that works for my depression is time, and being able to fix such situational factors as I can, and right now, I can't do anything about any of them.

The financial stressors are aggravating all of it. Not much rain on that front, and it's wearing me especially thin right now. Probably late this week we'll have to get the plumber out here to deal with drain hose in the utility room and check the bathroom and kitchen, and I have no clue what that will set us back. The chimney people are coming out to clean the flues on Tuesday, and we can't put that off or we'll lose our discount. And as I've also said, we're staring down the barrel of $2,700 worth of cash payments this week (I keep putting them off in hopes of bringing in enough to cover them item for item, but this week is fish-or-cut-bait time). That's only two bills: one for quarterly taxes; the other for the most recent physician's group bill from the last biopsy that they've only now gotten around to sending me. On top of that, we're soon going to out some medical expenses for a third person; the young Native man who works for us needs medical care, and IHS is not an option, so we're trying this morning to arrange an appointment for him with our doc. If she doesn't take Medicaid, we're going to be on the hook for the bills, and we've made it plain that we'll do so; this situation can't continue. [His mother is dying of cancer, and the stress on him is epic. He's now away for a week at thing on the other end of the country for Indigenous students, and it'll be good for him to have a break.]

We sold two pieces a few days ago, coming to something less than a third of that total. But I've got to make some sales this weekend to cover the rest of this, so what follows is all the cut-and-paste: sales here; testimonials here; wishlist (such as it is still) here. Thanks to the two folks who sent in testimonials; once again, I'm going to try to get them up tonight, although it all depends on how the rest of the day goes. We need more folks to send them in, too. Wings dropped his new bead pieces (two necklaces; four pairs of earrings) a few days ago; you can find the summary post here. Please share their individual links, and be on the lookout for the other new works, especially the belt, which he hopes will be done next week; this week's mostly shot by all the other demands on his time, although he's spending some time on it today. And while I spend every spare moment chasing those sales, there aren't many spare moments for me these days, especially with my ongoing breathing issues and whatever else is going on that they haven't identified yet. So please, help us get the word out. I've got to bring in more sales somehow.



All content, including photos and text, are copyright Aji, 2019; all rights reserved. Nothing herein may used or reproduced in any form without the express written permission of the owner.

No comments :

Post a Comment