Thursday, July 18, 2019

#TBT: One year ago . . . .

Photo copyright Aji, 2019; all rights reserved.

I have a #TBT today, back to one year ago today, actually: That was the day Miika arrived . . . and promptly took out the gate to the small stall. Miskwaki, who you see in the photo, celebrated today by managing to do a bunk (River left the gate open, and Red Boy was just waiting) and running joyously around the house in a full circle before coming back to where his girl was waiting. She's a changed horse; still very skittish about some things (like hoof-trimming), but so loving and affectionate. It doesn't matter what else is going on; if one of goes out there for something, she'll walk up behind us and put her head over our shoulder. She's never had human attention and affection until now, and she absolutely loves it. And she and Miskwaki spat plenty, but they're also utterly bonded to each other. After the way he mourned Shade a year and ten days ago, taking on Miika was a good move.

Still recovering from the food allergy reaction, but doing a lot better than yesterday. I was also so utterly exhausted that I finally got a few hours' sleep last night, apparently because even the pain and inflammation and asthma couldn't outdo my body's essential, overwhelming fatigue. So there's that. Now, if I could just bring in some sales . . . .

Even now, there are plenty of other costly stressors keeping me up at night. We had set aside some money for [at least a little of] the medical testing I was supposed to get done yet this year, and since Friday we've paid out ~$4,500 in taxes, medical bills and expenses, insurance, etc. And once again, my health has to take a back seat to everything else, and so do the repairs on the plumbing disaster, which is also affecting my health in tangible ways. 

So, yeah, I'm still discouraged right now, and I don't see any way out over the long haul. I'm still suffering this invasive, full-body reaction to the steroids; there's been a little lessening, but not much, and I have no idea how long it's going to take to get this out of my system. As a result, my pain levels are completely out of control, unresponsive to such pain meds as I'm allowed (which isn't much, but it usually takes the edge off; not today, though, and a lot of that is due to the fact that, other than last night, I can't sleep, from, you know, the pain and inflammatory response and the breathing issues). I'm about an inch from dissolving myself, and I can't, because there's so much work to do, and so many things that have to be paid. Every time I think I've managed to get us ahead of the curve, even the tiniest bit, we get slapped back down, and the stress and fatigue are killing me.

I've got to make some sales NOW to cover all of this, so what follows is all the cut-and-paste: sales here; testimonials here; wishlist (such as it is still) here. Thanks to the two folks who sent in testimonials; once again, I'm going to try to get them up tonight, although it all depends on how the rest of the day goes. We need more folks to send them in, too. Wings dropped his new bead pieces (two necklaces; four pairs of earrings) a few days ago; you can find the summary post here. Please share their individual links, and be on the lookout for the other new works, especially the belt, which he hopes will be done finally this week. He also has two new cuffs (which, if all goes well, will drop later today or tonight, so please be on the lookout), two new necklaces, and a pair of earrings in the works. [Edit: Also, his new beads are waiting at the P.O. box here, as noted above, so he will no doubt have more in the new series of necklaces and earrings soon, four of the latter of which dropped the other day, here; these are from a U.K. lapidarist, and they are a phenomenal selection, so please share them, as well.] And while I spend every spare moment chasing those sales, there aren't many spare moments for me these days, especially with my ongoing breathing issues and whatever else is going on that they haven't identified yet. So please, help us get the word out. I've got to bring in more sales somehow.



All content, including photos and text, are copyright Aji, 2019; all rights reserved. Nothing herein may used or reproduced in any form without the express written permission of the owner.

No comments :

Post a Comment