Friday, November 15, 2019

A little magic.

Photo copyright Aji, 2019; all rights reserved.
When the shutter clicked, the ax blade was already down, in the log that's hidden behind the post. But that vertical shadow on the right? That was the arc of the blade through the air. Somehow the camera still caught it. A little magic.

Yes, he still chops wood, because half of what people sell is not really in useable form; too big, too bulky. We're just blessed to have been able to stock up for the winter already. That feels like magic, too, right now. Local permits are closed again for environmental reasons, which means that wood this winter will be both scarce and hideously expensive for anyone not already stocked. 

Also magic? I said that we needed to pay ~$725 this week, and that I needed to bring in at least $1,000 total this week just to cover [barring any new disasters] those bills and the rest of the month. Between a partial sale, a regular sale, and a little help from a friend (and thank you all, so, so much), we were almost there. Then last night, we made a big sale, and I can breathe again. Thank you all, from the bottom of my heart. We're four days past the second anniversary of my first brush with death, about 10 days out from the second anniversary of my second . . . and being able to breathe, figuratively as well as literally? Is a wonderful thing.

Even so, there's a lot of year left yet, and a lot more off winter to get through (and spring, before real business resumes again). We have got to make sales. Normally, Wings would already be in the middle of multiple commissions in the works by now, but nothing's normal anymore. I don't know what to do at this point; I can't conjure money from thin cold air. I posted two new pieces a few nights ago (links here) and another the night after that (links here). The new bracelet in the works is turning out not to be a bracelet at all; I'll explain when it drops, which might be this weekend. He has a number of other things in process, too; I'll post them as he completes them.

At any rate, my stress levels are off the charts along with my pain levels now. For those wondering about my own health issues, see here, although now there's a new wrinkle I'm not even going to bother to try to explain (suffice to say there's no affording treatment); with regard to the work being done, some of the details are here. Thanks to my Patreon subscribers (not sure who?) who updated their cards; I'm now down only between $25 and $50 for October. Still, I'm going to need help to get all this, the plumbing and everything else, done and handled, and I can't do it alone. Folks can help in several ways, and we really need it now:
Please share everything, because I'm suddenly back behind the eight-ball on a whole additional front, and yeah, I'm scared about covering everything and surviving, too. Thanks.


All content, including photos and text, are copyright Aji, 2019; all rights reserved. Nothing herein may used 
or reproduced in any form without the express written permission of the owner.

No comments :

Post a Comment