Sunday, November 10, 2019

Another setback, at least for the moment.

Photo copyright Aji, 2019; all rights reserved.

First coat. One more front window to get, then second coat commences. Not yet, though; it's still too cold, thanks to clouds and wind, despite the actual temperature. Another setback, at least for the moment. But I want y'all to see what Wings was doing yesterday (and why, for those of you who saw it, I was so annoyed with the person who three times in the course of week has come around hinting for money when he owes us for a bunch of loans already, and on none of those occasions could be bothered to say, hey, can I help?):

Photo copyright Aji, 2019; all rights reserved.
See the angle of that ladder? Do you know how dangerous that is? And no, we can't get any help with it. He puttied, sanded, and primed the two rectangular windows yesterday (no, those [redacted] who installed them never even so much as filled any of the nail and screw holes). The round one is going to be nearly impossible to get. We need a scaffold. No, we can't even rent one here.  

[And to get this in before the usual spiteful brats start up with their "extravagant!" bullshit: I would remind you that the footprint of this house is 660 square feet. Smaller than most studio apartments. We built *up* for warmth and energy efficiency, both of which we have. This is about the smallest house in the area, including the other ones on this (tribal) side. So put that in your racist pipe and smoke it.]

Also, I have got to bring in more money. October's Patreon payment has already gone on bills (including the storage we're still paying for River and his mom even though he's not working here anymore, yet another ), and there are still another ~$725 due this week (and more medical stuff for me in early December), and, yes, I'm scared. I need to bring in at least $1,000 this weekend just to cover [barring any new disasters] next week and the rest of the month, and I have no idea how when no one's buying.

We have got to make sales. Normally, Wings would already be in the middle of multiple commissions in the works by now, but nothing's normal anymore. I don't know what to do at this point; I can't conjure money from thin cold air. I posted two new pieces a few nights ago (links here) and another the night after that (links here). The new bracelet in the works is turning out not to be a bracelet at all; I'll explain when it drops, which might be this weekend. He has a number of other things in process, too; I'll post them as he completes them.

At any rate, my stress levels are off the charts along with my pain levels now. For those wondering about my own health issues, see here, although now there's a new wrinkle I'm not even going to bother to try to explain (suffice to say there's no affording treatment); with regard to the work being done, some of the details are here. Thanks to my Patreon subscribers (not sure who?) who updated their cards; I'm now down only between $25 and $50 for October. Still, I'm going to need help to get all this, the plumbing and everything else, done and handled, and I can't do it alone. Folks can help in several ways, and we really need it now:
Please share everything, because I'm suddenly back behind the eight-ball on a whole additional front, and yeah, I'm scared about covering everything and surviving, too. Thanks.


All content, including photos and text, are copyright Aji, 2019; all rights reserved. Nothing herein may used 
or reproduced in any form without the express written permission of the owner.

No comments :

Post a Comment