Thursday, November 21, 2019

Finished.

Photo copyright Aji, 2019; all rights reserved.
Finished.

Sort of. It still has to be backed, of course. And yes, believe me, I see every single error in it and several you don't even know are there, but honestly? I never thought it would get this far. It was originally just stitch practice, and except for the outer circle, a center cross to pinpoint the middle, and one big rough diamond outline? There was no pattern. All of it freehand. Usually done at night to take my mind off my pain levels, but also still coping with its distractions, and I figured my medicine would stop working and my fingers would give out long before I got anywhere close to done. So each quadrant is kind of doing its own thing, but still . . . after no ability to bead for all these decades, I'm kinda happy with it despite all the glaring mistakes.  And it's between 3.5 and 4" across, so it should cover the holes at the ottoman's center where it just . . . unraveled.

White-out conditions today.  Started out with rain while it was still dark; turned to snow about 6:45 this morning. About four inches on the ground up here so far, and it's still coming down. The earth is loving it, and so are the wild creatures. Meanwhile, we're taking a second day to recover from the last month of heavy-duty physical labor; no outside work beyond the animals.

Of course, what all that has also meant is that for a month now, Wings has had almost no studio time, and I have had no time either to write or to push sales, and the holidays are upon us, and I'm terrified. My pain levels are still jacked to eleven today, with the severe lower back pain that accompanies hip/pelvis subluxes thanks to the ladder work. I need to make some sales, but I can't do much beyond that, because I am very literally hobbling today.

And we have GOT to make sales. And I need help with it. Normally, Wings would already be in the middle of multiple commissions in the works by now, but nothing's normal anymore. I don't know what to do at this point; I can't conjure money from thin cold air. I posted two new pieces a few nights ago (links here) and another the night after that (links here). The new bracelet in the works is turning out not to be a bracelet at all; I'll explain when it drops, which might be this weekend. He has a number of other things in process, too; I'll post them as he completes them.

At any rate, my stress levels are off the charts along with my pain levels now. For those wondering about my own health issues, see here, although now there's a new wrinkle I'm not even going to bother to try to explain (suffice to say there's no affording treatment); with regard to the work being done, some of the details are here. Thanks to my Patreon subscribers (not sure who?) who updated their cards; I'm now down only between $25 and $50 for October. Still, I'm going to need help to get all this, the plumbing and everything else, done and handled, and I can't do it alone. Folks can help in several ways, and we really need it now:
Please share everything, because I'm suddenly back behind the eight-ball on a whole additional front, and yeah, I'm scared about covering everything and surviving, too. Thanks.


All content, including photos and text, are copyright Aji, 2019; all rights reserved. Nothing herein may used 
or reproduced in any form without the express written permission of the owner.

No comments :

Post a Comment