Tuesday, November 19, 2019

As done as it's gonna get.

Photo copyright Aji, 2019; all rights reserved.

This is as done as it's gonna get. For now, anyway. Supposed to get rain, maybe snow, late tonight and for the next two or three days, and then we're solidly into winter temps for the foreseeable future. If we get a 50-something warm-up streak, we might do more, or it might have to wait for late spring. We have spent the last four weeks damn near killing ourselves over it.

Wings got the remainder of the deck floor stained today (no stairs, none of the remaining balusters, but the floor was the biggest deal, obviously). He also got one set of living room windows (east side) cleaned and puttied and sanded. These are all the big ones; there's another set in the living room and one in the dining room. There were not enough hours in the day for me to get those primed. I did, however, go behind him the last two days and get all the other downstairs windows and the kitchen door primed. No chance of getting color on it, but the priming was the really urgent part. And by the time I was done, I was in an absolute fury over the crappy quality of the wood and the shit install work by certain of the early crew (two who wound up leaving for various reasons, and good riddance to both). I've been doing all of this in constant full-body pain, and today, also with a migraine brought on by the weird angle of my neck all of yesterday trying to prime, paint, and touch up high-detail areas above my head (most of my migraines are mechanical, brought on by displaced vertebrae and pinched nerves resulting from that car accident when I was young; they're still migraines, and the pain is still blinding).

For a month, Wings has had almost no studio time, and I have had no time either to write or to push sales, and the holidays are upon us, and I'm terrified. I'm also completely worn out and in indescribable pain, so tomorrow I am doing exactly nothing outside save the usual animal-related chores, and I hope it snows in feet. I'm staying inside and trying to sell Wings's work.

Because we have GOT to make sales. And I need help with it. Normally, Wings would already be in the middle of multiple commissions in the works by now, but nothing's normal anymore. I don't know what to do at this point; I can't conjure money from thin cold air. I posted two new pieces a few nights ago (links here) and another the night after that (links here). The new bracelet in the works is turning out not to be a bracelet at all; I'll explain when it drops, which might be this weekend. He has a number of other things in process, too; I'll post them as he completes them.

At any rate, my stress levels are off the charts along with my pain levels now. For those wondering about my own health issues, see here, although now there's a new wrinkle I'm not even going to bother to try to explain (suffice to say there's no affording treatment); with regard to the work being done, some of the details are here. Thanks to my Patreon subscribers (not sure who?) who updated their cards; I'm now down only between $25 and $50 for October. Still, I'm going to need help to get all this, the plumbing and everything else, done and handled, and I can't do it alone. Folks can help in several ways, and we really need it now:
Please share everything, because I'm suddenly back behind the eight-ball on a whole additional front, and yeah, I'm scared about covering everything and surviving, too. Thanks.


All content, including photos and text, are copyright Aji, 2019; all rights reserved. Nothing herein may used 
or reproduced in any form without the express written permission of the owner.

No comments :

Post a Comment