Monday, March 2, 2020

Even the tundra is getting bare.

Photo copyright Aji, 2020; all rights reserved.

Even the tundra is getting bare.

Yeah, it's a metaphor that hits far too close to home. Not nearly enough precipitation, and this was still a far better winter than the last three or so. No rain of the other kind, either, and I have GOT to make some sales. Unfortunately, this week, at the very minimum, is going to be impossible; my time will not be my own, and I'm going to be slammed every moment of every day, at least into next week. I will also, apparently, be doing it in constant pain and on no sleep, so you should expect to see me only when you see me, and don't expect me to be coherent even then.

As I've said, there are a few newer things scattered throughout Wings's site. I posted the new informal series last Wednesday; you can find all three works here. [If you like rainbows, this set's for you.] He's got another major piece from a new collection in the works, but he can't get any studio time to work on it, so it's likely to be next week at the very earliest, possibly the week after that. We badly need to keep making sales; there's a lot of year ahead, and a lot of medical and other expenses, too. We're only one month into the two-month closure, and with two exceptions, sales have been nonexistent so far in 2020.

Also, I'm adding the Amazon wishlist back on. ::Sigh:: we really can't function without it now; they've made themselves that indispensable, especially for folks who live in poor rural areas like we do. And I'm really, really going need to get some things that I can't get here, and soon (the kinds of things Amazon cards are useful for). The coffeemaker is on its way [THANK YOU!!!], so even though this one regurgitated all the coffee grounds into the reservoir again today, there's an end in sight. If we can eventually get the good grinder, I can switch the coffee on the list to the beans rather than ground, which should be cheaper. Coffee is our one real luxury, but it's too big a chunk at once, and we have medical stuff to deal with, and folks who need help besides. Since my CF O2 concentrator is going to set us back upwards of $4K, I'm trying to set aside monies for that. There are also obvious concerns about what lies ahead, both epidemiologically and simply in terms of outright fascism, so some of what I would have diverted into my concentrator fund this month is instead going for stocking up on supplies in case things go sideways fast. And that comes from my Patreon, which for February (yesterday's payout) is again short three figures, so that cuts significantly into what I have available and what I can do with it.

The process of Wings's dental surgeries begins this week, and that's going to take a lot of both of us. In the meantime, there are all the usual expenses, and January and February have both been hell on far too many fronts. We have plumbing repairs to get done next month, never mind everything else that will be needed to finish the house (that's undoubtedly getting bumped to next year, and probably the year after, too). In addition to the four-month process for Wings's work, there are the meds. And speaking of fragile, I'm due also for follow-up scans and biopsies already; they're not going to happen, because we don't have five figures' worth of scratch to waste on it, to say nothing of travel time and related problems. I've still got to make sales, try to drum up new Patreon subscribers, do whatever I can to bring in more money, all on top of everything else. Folks can help in several ways (sales are always preferred). Oh, and I posted four new works a week or so ago, here and here, and I added something new, seasonal, and absolutely fabulous a few days later, so please share the links (also, BUY! they're all perfect for spring, Easter, Mother's Day, upcoming festivities of any kind):
Please share everything. Thanks.



All content, including photos and text, are copyright Aji, 2020; all rights reserved. Nothing herein may used 
or reproduced in any form without the express written permission of the owner.

No comments :

Post a Comment