Sunday, February 14, 2021

Hearts and flowers. And fire.

Photo copyright Aji, 2021;
all rights reserved.

Yes, it's that day of hearts and flowers. And fire. [Witness the beautiful coral shade; it's like the embers in the woodstove. Wings said when he saw that gorgeous color he knew he had to get them for me. These  are a full dozen, and you can probably count the number of times I've had a dozen roses on the fingers of one hand and still have fingers left over, so this is still a novel experience for me.] He's given me both, the latter a couple of days early, which is good, because the weather today is brutal: several inches of snow, periods of quiet alternating with howling winds, bitter cold that's going to get well below zero tonight. Which is actually why I'm late with everything, dealing with a situation here that needed doing because of the dangerous cold (not us, some other folks), and someone has stepped up to help out, so it's all good.

Of course, I've still gotten absolutely nothing done that was on this week's must-do list, but that's not down to today's developments; that's been a function of the mess this past week has been. Mostly it was the constant derailments from other people, but some of it is still traceable to the recent flurry of episodes with my health. For every episode, it takes me multiple days to recover, all while hoping that another one doesn't set me back even further. That's not good. We need to make sales, and I need to reorganize his work, and I can't do either one when I can't even think straight. Too many people need help, and the government remains determined to see us die.

Because things are bad locally. There is still no economy now. There's nothing. No vaccines for most of us, either. And yet the governor has just canceled tourist quarantine (not that she ever enforced it in the first place) and reopened most of the state to limited-capacity indoor, sit-down, maskless dining for Valentine's Day, because she's completely in thrall to the restaurant lobby and is willing to let them kill us as a result. People are literally dying all around us from the government's failures, and I don't know how we keep them, or us, alive unless I can cover the bills. We have lost SO much to 2020, so very, very many people, and the gifts and the talents and the knowledge and the wisdom they carried too often lost with them. People have needed so much more help than we could give them, but we did as much as we could, even when it put us in a bind, and we will need to do much more of that this year. We have shelled out close to 2 grand over the last 2 weeks of January, including $600 two weeks ago to fill the propane tank, which I was not expecting; close to a grand last weekend for the firewod; and my Patreon remains $300 short again for the second month running. I've got to make it up somewhere. So:
  • Sales here
  • Testimonials here
  • Amazon wishlist here (new cleaning products on it needed most);
  • Patreon here;
  • Ko-fi here.

And if you've been contemplating a purchase? This would be a very, very good time to do it; I've got to make it this staggering outlay somehow. There's even new work, here and here and now here, among other new pieces from last week, too, so please watch for them and share the links. 


All content, including photos and text, are copyright Wings and Aji, 2021; all rights reserved. Nothing herein may used or reproduced in any form without the express written permission of the owner.

 

No comments :

Post a Comment