Thursday, February 11, 2021

The other wonderful thing.

Photo copyright Aji, 2021; all rights reserved.


Yesterday was god-awful, except for getting Sweet Girl reunited with her family. It appears that the reason for the terrible gashes across her face did not look quite like the results of a dog fight is because they weren't. Apparently on the day she disappeared, a mountain lion was spotted, and we think that's what got her. She survived that and a massive snowstorm and bitter cold and 35 miles of distance as the crow flies (an hour by road) over a three-week period to find her way here, and then get back to her family. So that really was a wonderful thing. 

The other wonderful thing was the visit from not one but TWO golden eagles yesterday. One soared directly over Wings's head, as low as the low branches of the aspens, in what he said was a first ever for him. But there were actually two, circling directly over our house and land, dancing on the currents and just enjoying the air. Our red-tailed joined them for a while, but she also dive-bombed the one golden two or three times, sending him spinning. It was play, and he clearly understood that. It was also a good illustration of just how SMALL a giant redtail is compared to an adult golden like the one yesterday, in the photo above [yes, it's my photo].

For other reasons, I had constant derailments and interruptions yesterday that left me unable to focus properly, completely drained, and with a raging headache that's still with me today. Doesn't matter; what has to get done has to get done, and we were up and out of the house early today. But it was worth it, because Wings has now had his second dose of the vaccine. We know it'll be about two months before it reaches full effectiveness, but at least it's done, and I am so unspeakably relieved. [I'm supposedly current-tier, but I can't even get a response. I may not ever get one, at the rate they're mismanaging everything in this state.]

Of course, the upshot is that I've gotten absolutely nothing done all week long, and I'm more behind than ever, and still mostly useless. For every episode, it takes me multiple days to recover, all while hoping that another one doesn't set me back even further. That's not good. We need to make sales, and I need to reorganize his work, and I can't do either one when I can't even think straight.

Because things are bad locally. There is still no economy now. There's nothing. No vaccines for most of us, either. People are literally dying all around us from the government's failures, and I don't know how we keep them, or us, alive unless I can cover the bills. We have lost SO much to 2020, so very, very many people, and the gifts and the talents and the knowledge and the wisdom they carried too often lost with them. People have needed so much more help than we could give them, but we did as much as we could, even when it put us in a bind, and we will need to do much more of that this year. We have shelled out close to 2 grand over the last 2 weeks of January, including $600 last week to fill the propane tank, which I was not expecting; close to a grand over this weekend; and my Patreon remains $300 short again for the second month running. I've got to make it up somewhere. So:
  • Sales here
  • Testimonials here
  • Amazon wishlist here (new cleaning products on it needed most);
  • Patreon here;
  • Ko-fi here.

And if you've been contemplating a purchase? This would be a very, very good time to do it; I've got to make it this staggering outlay somehow. There's even new work, here and here and now here, among other new pieces from last week and last week, too, so please watch for them and share the links. 


All content, including photos and text, are copyright Wings and Aji, 2021; all rights reserved. Nothing herein may used or reproduced in any form without the express written permission of the owner.


1 comment :

  1. So happy that Wings was able to get his second dose. Yay! Now we keep our fingers crossed that you'll be getting both your doses (or dose from J&J) soon.
    JoanMar

    ReplyDelete