Saturday, September 18, 2021

All fire, no rain.

Photo copyright Aji, 2021; all rights reserved.

That was the sky last night. These days, it's all fire, no rain.

Our NDN Silver Twitter account is apparently irrecoverable. Do you violent bigots not ever get tired of chasing us around, for a smooth decade now, trying to harm us? And do you not understand by now that no matter what you do, you are utterly impotent? That you will never break us down, much less break us apart?  We have both survived so much worse than your evil. You're just puny, petty colonizer trash.

I am tired. Fucking tired. I have spent a lifetime battling physical pain that is now much worse than ever, battling poverty and abuse and deprivation of sorts that most people can't really even imagine. Wings has survived a lot, too. But we're both tired. And we keep getting hounded by this petty evil, while we're just trying to make a life for ourselves, sell his work, help people in our communities with the proceeds. And we still do that last, even when it leaves us without anything ourselves. Our harasser[s], of course, can't relate to that.

But I'm exhausted. I am in constant pain, and it's pretty clear that it's only going to get worse now, not better, and I need help.

We are about to enter our busiest season, which typically runs from early October to the end of the year. It's at least 16-hour days, 7 days a week, for both of us, and last year's best efforts produced almost nothing in the way of sales, courtesy of this country's complete divorce from anything resembling humanity or even common sense in the face of a deadly pandemic. A year later, and here we all are again.

We've helped a bunch of people this year, and there's nothing left. Not much left in terms of my ability to keep pushing, either. The pain and the lack of anything resembling sleep are seeing to that. And now? I may not even be able to use social media to promote Wings's work.

So. Clearly, we need help.

I posted 4 pairs of silverwork earrings here, the first of those pairs of silver-and-stone earrings and one complete group (necklace/earrings/coil) of gemstone bead jewelry here, a second three-piece gemstone bead collection here, and five new pieces that I posted last Monday: three Warrior Woman pins, two absolutely incredible new cuffs. If I could sell them, or any combination of any of his other newish pieces, it would get us out of this month. If I could sell one of the big ones, like one of the belts, maybe I could get us on the drill list. But I've got way too much to do and too few hours and other resources to do it. I am so tired, all the time, but the quarterly taxes coming due, AND I have to cover at least my eye stuff (which will set me back a smooth grand before I'm done, since I need new lenses and so forth besides), because this is a drug that can take your vision if you happen to be one who is genetically susceptible, and we won't know the answer to that until I can get the testing done. All of that means that I have to bring in some sales now, and FAST. We won't make it through this month otherwise; we're already down to the bone. Ad without the social media platform I've built for Wings's work painstakingly over the past two years? We'll need outside help to spread his work around. God, I'm tired.

But there's all that new work, and I'd be grateful to everyone who shares all of it, and of course, if you're in the market, keep us in mind for purchases. After paying our taxes the last week plus some other bills, I really do need to build up some reserves to get us just a tiny bit ahead of the eight-ball of bills.

Anyway, links are here:
  • Sales here
  • Testimonials here
  • Amazon wishlist here (priorities are all the mosquito-prevention items, especially the portables and the patio-surface ones, because Wings can take them around the land with his as he works);
  • Patreon here;
  • Ko-fi here.

And if you've been contemplating a purchase? This would be a very, very good time to do it; I've got to cover all this staggering outlay somehow and get us through what's left of the year. And right now? I have no way to do it.  But there's lots of fabulous new work, so please share all of the links. 


All content, including photos and text, are copyright Wings and Aji, 2021; all rights reserved. Nothing herein may used or reproduced in any form without the express written permission of the owner.                                           

No comments :

Post a Comment