Friday, September 17, 2021

Completely tapped out.

Photo copyright Aji, 2021; all rights reserved.

That right there? That's talent, skill, experience, and attention to detail. When it's finished, it's going to be fabulous.

Wings is trying to spend at least some time in the studio every day now. Last year, he didn't get much time to build inventory for the holidays, not that it mattered anyway with everyone broke because of the uncontrolled pandemic. This year's been mostly the same, and things are now at the breaking point here.

I am at my wits' end.

I had two decently mobile days on Tuesday and Wednesday. NOT lessened pain, mind you; just the ability to move better. Then Wednesday night I had another bout of pain-induced insomnia, and everything went to hell yesterday. I'm dealing with primary effects of the lupus and other autoimmune conditions, side effects of the meds, and this constant, unending battle with pain. It's making it impossible to get anything done. Add to that last night's latest episode of racist brigading, trying to get our NDN Silver Twitter account shut down (last I knew, they still weren't letting me into it), and I'm so tired of everything, I'm just done.

We are about to enter our busiest season, which typically runs from early October to the end of the year. It's at least 16-hour days, 7 days a week, for both of us, and last year's best efforts produced almost nothing in the way of sales, courtesy of this country's complete divorce from anything resembling humanity or even common sense in the face of a deadly pandemic. A year later, and here we all are again.

And we are completely tapped out. 

We made a sale the other night; we have to set aside more than half of that to pay back the loan from a relative to help get our friend, the elder, to their heart appointment. The rest? Won't cover my medical loan. Won't cover quarterly taxes. Won't pay for the increasingly urgent trip to Santa Fe to the ophthalmologist and everything that will ensue from that. It'll buy dog food and whatever supplemental groceries we need and pay for shipping an adjusted piece back to its new owner, put as in the tank and a few other things like that. Maybe my lupus meds. 

But we're wiped out. Entirely. We've helped a bunch of people this year, and there's nothing left. Not much left in terms of my ability to keep pushing, either. The pain and the lack of anything resembling sleep are seeing to that. And now? I may not even be able to use social media to promote Wings's work.

So. Clearly, we need help.

I posted 4 pairs of silverwork earrings here, the first of those pairs of silver-and-stone earrings and one complete group (necklace/earrings/coil) of gemstone bead jewelry here, a second three-piece gemstone bead collection here, and five new pieces that I posted last Monday: three Warrior Woman pins, two absolutely incredible new cuffs. If I could sell them, or any combination of any of his other newish pieces, it would get us out of this month. If I could sell one of the big ones, like one of the belts, maybe I could get us on the drill list. But I've got way too much to do and too few hours and other resources to do it. I am so tired, all the time, but the quarterly taxes coming due, AND I have to cover at least my eye stuff (which will set me back a smooth grand before I'm done, since I need new lenses and so forth besides), because this is a drug that can take your vision if you happen to be one who is genetically susceptible, and we won't know the answer to that until I can get the testing done. All of that means that I have to bring in some sales now, and FAST. We won't make it through this month otherwise; we're already down to the bone. 

But there's all that new work, and I'd be grateful to everyone who shares all of it, and of course, if you're in the market, keep us in mind for purchases. After paying our taxes the last week plus some other bills, I really do need to build up some reserves to get us just a tiny bit ahead of the eight-ball of bills.

Anyway, links are here:
  • Sales here
  • Testimonials here
  • Amazon wishlist here (priorities are all the mosquito-prevention items, especially the portables and the patio-surface ones, because Wings can take them around the land with his as he works);
  • Patreon here;
  • Ko-fi here.

And if you've been contemplating a purchase? This would be a very, very good time to do it; I've got to cover all this staggering outlay somehow and get us through what's left of the year. And right now? I have no way to do it.  But there's lots of fabulous new work, so please share all of the links. 


All content, including photos and text, are copyright Wings and Aji, 2021; all rights reserved. Nothing herein may used or reproduced in any form without the express written permission of the owner.                                           

No comments :

Post a Comment