Wednesday, September 22, 2021

Turning fast now.

Photo copyright. Aji, 2021; all rights reserved.


That was this morning, technically still summer by colonial benchmarks; the equinox is at 1:21 PM local time, which is still about an hour and a half off. Everything's turning fast now, though. We're not going to have a lot in the way of fall color this year, again, in large part because too much of the foliage is dying off rather than going dormant.

And it will be that way unless and until we can drill that well.

Oh, and I forgot to mention that Wings fell off the ladder trying to chainsaw off dead limbs on Monday (missed the last rung, so it could've been much worse, but he still bruised a rib on the chainsaw handle), he got stabbed by another dead limb yesterday on the right side of his chest, and I got hit alongside my right eye by a chunk that splintered off a limb in midair as it was falling in an entirely different direction, while I was holding the ladder. Our old extension ladder is so warped now that it's not safe, and I really want to buy him two of those adjustable folding A-frames so he has them for scaffolding, too, but that's [gulp] another $900 before shipping.

Meanwhile, I have to make sales in a pandemic-ridden climate where almost no one's buying, because folks are afraid of how much worse all of this might get. We were blessed yesterday by a donation from one pair of friends and two sales by two others, and now I'm not worried about making it out of September in one piece. But I still have to make sales to get us through the rest of the year, I have to bring in something somehow, and I can't do it alone. I especially can't do it alone when it comes to bringing in enough to remedy the disaster depicted in those photos in Monday's post.

Wings has new earrings and another new cuff coming up this week, plus the next two of the gemstone bead sets for fall. I've also already posted 4 new pairs of silverwork earrings here (one of those is now sold), the first of those pairs of silver-and-stone earrings and one complete group (necklace/earrings/coil) of gemstone bead jewelry here, a second three-piece gemstone bead collection here, and five new pieces that I posted last Monday: three Warrior Woman pins, two absolutely incredible new cuffs. If I could sell them, or any combination of any of his other newish pieces, it would get us out of this month. If I could sell one of the big ones, like one of the belts, maybe I could get us on the drill list. But I've got way too much to do and too few hours and other resources to do it. 

But there's all that new work, and I'd be grateful to everyone who shares all of it, and of course, if you're in the market, keep us in mind for purchases. Thanks to a dear friend, it looks like I'll be able to pay our quarterly taxes later this week and our other bills, but there is still my eye appointment to schedule (that'll set us back about $1K before it's done), and I really do need to build up some reserves to get us just a tiny bit ahead of the eight-ball of expenses.

Anyway, links are here:
  • Sales here
  • Testimonials here
  • Amazon wishlist here (priorities are all the mosquito-prevention items, especially the portables and the patio-surface ones, because Wings can take them around the land with his as he works);
  • Patreon here;
  • Ko-fi here.

And if you've been contemplating a purchase? This would be a very, very good time to do it; I've got to cover all this staggering outlay somehow and get us through what's left of the year. And right now? I have no way to do it.  But there's lots of fabulous new work, so please share all of the links. 


All content, including photos and text, are copyright Wings and Aji, 2021; all rights reserved. Nothing herein may used or reproduced in any form without the express written permission of the owner.                                            

No comments :

Post a Comment