Thursday, April 28, 2022

Already a day.

Photo copyright Aji, 2022; all rights reserved.

We have at least two hummingbirds here now. One was cooperative to let me get a couple of shots yesterday. The meadowlark was back yesterday evening, too, although I still can't see where it's hiding; it's somewhere on the west side, but its voice is strong and clear enough.

It's barely noon and it's already a day. Spent the morning running around getting ready for trash day tomorrow, cleaning out the ashes and getting them fully contained before the winds hit (they're in a metal can with a tight lid), prepping for the horse vet and farrier to arrive for Miika at 1PM, and also waiting for B-I-L to bring his horses over because he needs a safe place to put them.

And I'm back to being almost entirely crippled on my left foot from this nonsense. I don't know what to do anymore with regard to the meds; everything has horrifying side effects, and I don't know whether I'm more miserable with them or without, but it's been an awful six months (it really ramped up after the COVID booster in October). And I have to get the second booster in 3 weeks.

I also have to figure out how to pay multiple four-figure payments for '21 and quarterly '22 taxes, plus the presumably full protocol on the new therapy, which is $4,500 by itself (across 9 visits). Cash.  The taxes are cash, too; we don't have plastic.

And then, of course, there was my eye appointment last week, eight months overdue by now. I had prepared myself for a four-figure bill, which it was . . . but it was DOUBLE what I had anticipated. Two rounds of exams, one of them classed as "medical," plus contacts (with which my eyesight is MUCH better than with glasses) and glasses needed as back-up. Meanwhile, my Patreon is down by nearly $100 this month, and sales have been . . . few and far between, to put it mildly. And without plastic, we have to pay cash in full for everything, so all that is money that's completely gone in two big chunks. and I have GOT to bring in some sales to replace it.

But I'm increasingly disabled, and I can't work if I can't get the pain under control, or get back my ability to walk [mostly] unhindered. That's the point of the therapy; rewiring my brain to lower my pain response and let my body start finding ways to heal a little. So I need to find a way to do this, and I'll need help to get it all done. Links are here:
  • Sales here
  • Testimonials here
  • Amazon wishlist here (priorities are first and foremost, the other ladder, the Thermacell lanterns [the flies are already out, so the mosquitoes won't be far behind], and the liquid soaps, which prevent our hands from cracking and bleeding given that we're forced to wash them fifty times a day;
  • Patreon here;
  • Ko-fi here.

We're still hoping to put aside enough for a new well when the ground thaws enough to drill in the spring, too, Nah, we've given up on the well. No one's available to drill before the latter half of summer, and the tax burden means we would never be able to afford it anyway. But it's perhaps even more of a good time to make a purchase, because Uncle Sam is a vindictive colonizer, and my current stress levels about paying it all are off the charts. And there's lots of fabulous work, so please share all of the links. 


All content, including photos and text, are copyright Wings and Aji, 2022; all rights reserved. Nothing herein may used or reproduced in any form without the express written permission of the owner.                              

No comments :

Post a Comment