Monday, April 4, 2022

Talk about being on a see-saw.

Photo copyright Aji, 2022; all rights reserved.

Talk about being on a see-saw. [No, that's not a real one. It's a bench Wings made year ago that he took apart because one of the stumps was destroyed by termites; this is what's left.]
But this day, this week, is already an up-and-down mess.

Turned over the taxes, which was a huge relief, only to learn that there's been a change with state stuff that may necessitate more work on my part. Have to decide whether it's worth the hassle. That's irritating, but not fatal. The bad part comes in where the funds I was relying on to pay our '21 and quarterly '22 taxes next week are temporarily unavailable, which means that I'm going to HAVE to make a few thousand dollars' worth of sales before this week is out, and I have no idea how I'm going to do that, given that everyone else is dealing with the same tax-season financial constraints. Wings already canceled his doctor's appointment for Wednesday, which would've set us back about $400 cash, and that part of it pisses me off because he can't get back in again until mid-June. But this is where we are, and I have to find a way around it. Maybe I should just go bang my head against the nearest wall. It would probably be as effective as anything else at this point, and might take my mind off the crippling pain in my legs and feet that's hindering my very ability to walk.

But I can't. I HAVE to bring in sales, and I have to do it now, and I'm going to need helpLinks are here:
  • Sales here
  • Testimonials here
  • Amazon wishlist here (priorities are first and foremost, the other ladder and the Thermacell lanterns; the flies are already out, so the mosquitoes won't be far behind);
  • Patreon here;
  • Ko-fi here.

We're still hoping to put aside enough for a new well when the ground thaws enough to drill in the spring, too, Nah, we've given up on the well. No one's available to drill before the latter half of summer, and the tax burden means we would never be able to afford it anyway. But it's perhaps even more of a good time to make a purchase, because Uncle Sam is a vindictive colonizer, and my current stress levels about paying it all are off the charts. And there's lots of fabulous work, so please share all of the links. 


All content, including photos and text, are copyright Wings and Aji, 2022; all rights reserved. Nothing herein may used or reproduced in any form without the express written permission of the owner.                          

No comments :

Post a Comment