Tuesday, April 5, 2022

Still going strong.

Photo copyright Aji, 2022; all rights reserved.

My most recent; Wings brought it home several days ago, and it's still going strong. He knows how much I love lilies, and how hard it is to grow them here anymore, so when he sees a bouquet at the grocery store, he brings it home.

[Yes, he does most of the shopping now, because I'm immunosuppressed and nobody out there is wearing masks but they certainly don't hesitate to get right up in your face, and he doesn't want me catching it. We don't talk to anyone without being fully masked. Also, with the trouble I'm having with walking these days, it's hard for me to spend much time wandering around giant floors that are just over concrete, even with my cane.]

Turned over the taxes yesterday, and the relief I feel today is indescribable. Of course, that will vanish next week when we find out how much we're going to have to pay, which is going to be ugly, and since the funds I was relying on to do that are temporarily unavailable,  I'm going to HAVE to make a few thousand dollars' worth of sales before this week is out. [Emphasis on temporary; the funds are there, I just probably won't be able to get them cleared in time to meet the tax deadline.] Also, my Patreon is down by almost $100 this month, probably because folks are having to use that money to pay their own taxes, so everything is about sales right now, and I'm going to need help to do it in this kind of timeframeLinks are here:
  • Sales here
  • Testimonials here
  • Amazon wishlist here (priorities are first and foremost, the other ladder and the Thermacell lanterns; the flies are already out, so the mosquitoes won't be far behind);
  • Patreon here;
  • Ko-fi here.

We're still hoping to put aside enough for a new well when the ground thaws enough to drill in the spring, too, Nah, we've given up on the well. No one's available to drill before the latter half of summer, and the tax burden means we would never be able to afford it anyway. But it's perhaps even more of a good time to make a purchase, because Uncle Sam is a vindictive colonizer, and my current stress levels about paying it all are off the charts. And there's lots of fabulous work, so please share all of the links. 


All content, including photos and text, are copyright Wings and Aji, 2022; all rights reserved. Nothing herein may used or reproduced in any form without the express written permission of the owner.                          

No comments :

Post a Comment