Sunday, April 17, 2022

Always that risk.

Photo copyright Aji, 2022; all rights reserved.

It looks kind of intimidating that close up. That was last night, and now you see what it is we need to protect around here. A wildfire here would be apocalyptic. And we did have absolutely apocalyptic skies at sunset, murky and smokey with a high wall of hazy red-brown particulate matter stretching the entire length of the western sky.

They say they're getting a handle on the wildfires, courtesy of a few intervals when aircraft could fly overhead. Most of the time, it's been too windy for aerial support. Now, the winds are strong, but not yet the horror show they've been all of this past week, so they may make better progress today. 

But there's always that risk of a new ignition.

And I am overwhelmed by everything I need to get caught up, and everything I still need to do to keep pace with this year's tax burden, never mind our medical expenses or what the land needs. Two separate four-figure checks paid out on Wednesday. Meanwhile, my Patreon is down by nearly $100 this month, and sales have been . . . few and far between, to put it mildly. I'll be shelling out another four figures on my eyes this week, and I cannot put that one off any longer. I'm still debating whether to keep my pain therapy appointment, which will be $500 out of pocket, up front, every single time. And without plastic, we have to pay cash in full for everything.

But I'm increasingly disabled, and I can't work if I can't get the pain under control, or get back my ability to walk [mostly] unhindered. So I need to find a way to do this, and I'll need help to get it all done. Links are here:
  • Sales here
  • Testimonials here
  • Amazon wishlist here (priorities are first and foremost, the other ladder and the Thermacell lanterns; the flies are already out, so the mosquitoes won't be far behind);
  • Patreon here;
  • Ko-fi here.

We're still hoping to put aside enough for a new well when the ground thaws enough to drill in the spring, too, Nah, we've given up on the well. No one's available to drill before the latter half of summer, and the tax burden means we would never be able to afford it anyway. But it's perhaps even more of a good time to make a purchase, because Uncle Sam is a vindictive colonizer, and my current stress levels about paying it all are off the charts. And there's lots of fabulous work, so please share all of the links. 


All content, including photos and text, are copyright Wings and Aji, 2022; all rights reserved. Nothing herein may used or reproduced in any form without the express written permission of the owner.                             

No comments :

Post a Comment