Sunday, November 13, 2022

At this point, who knows?

Photo copyright Aji, 2022; all rights reserved.

The small birds are back. That should indicate a long, cold, hard, snowy winter (i.e., the best possible kind), but at this point, who knows? We also have goldfinches still with us; last week I saw one chokecherry bird (that's a grosbeak) and one towhee, both here out of season. 

They say three inches of snow on the way, beginning tonight. We'll see. Of course, last week they said less than an inch and we got four instead, so maybe we'll be commensurately lucky again.

This week without the ability to do any soldering has really set us back on all fronts now. Hopefully that will change tomorrow, but that means that this week is going to have an even heavier workload than usual for him, and also for me. It would help if my body would cooperate, but not only is the joint pain/contracture thing getting increasingly disabling, but five weeks out from the bivalent booster (and thus right on schedule), I suddenly have a resurgence of the symptoms that made them think, back in May of 2021, that I had inflammatory breast cancer. And while I'm assuming that it's just more of the same (because I have no time for anything else right now, never mind the ability to afford the testing), I'm acutely aware that the particular kind of lymph involvement that resulted from the COVID vaccines puts me at heightened risk for it, and for things like lymphoma. 

But all I can do is ignore it, because right now, I have no spare time for anything except trying to bring in more income. I will be doing nothing but pushing sales for at least the next five weeks. But I need to make this happen sooner rather than later, because the tax burden won't wait, and there's too much else that needs doing, even as my illness leaves me with less function by the day now. It's everything, from pain to balance to ability to walk properly to ability to use my hands properly, and the damage is increasing even as I'm running out of time to do it all. And Twitter's incipient destruction is going to deprive us of our biggest sales audience, and that means I'm going to be putting in twelve-hour days after the holidays trying to set up alternatives that won't have the effectiveness or the reach, and I am so demoralized by now that there aren't words. Which means I need help to get everything covered. We. Need. Sales.

All the links are here; please, share them, too (and there's a new wishlist priority, the automatic composter, which will do wonders for saving on waste and allow Wings to compost the land and trees regularly even through the winter; my physical function is impaired enough now that things can only get done if I have the help of equipment like this):

  • Sales here
  • Testimonials here
  • Amazon wishlist here (priorities are, first and foremost, the automatic composter and the wheelbarrow, then the other ladder);
  • Patreon here;
  • Ko-fi here.

We're still hoping to put aside enough for a new well when the ground thaws enough to drill in the spring, too, Nah, we've given up on the well. No one's available to drill before late next year at the earliest, and this year's tax burden means we would never be able to afford it anyway. But it's even more of a good time to make a purchase, because Uncle Sam is a vindictive colonizer, and my current stress levels about paying it all are off the charts. And there's lots of fabulous work, so please share all of the links. 


All content, including photos and text, are copyright Wings and Aji, 2022; all rights reserved. Nothing herein may used or reproduced in any form without the express written permission of the owner.                                                              

No comments :

Post a Comment