Wednesday, November 30, 2022

Yesterday's gone.

Photo copyright Aji, 2022; all rights reserved.

Yesterday's weather, but yesterday's gone.

Today has been one fuck-up after another, but then, so has all of November, and most of the year, frankly. I had expected to be in Santa Fe today, and had to cancel my doctor's appointment to do it, but no; now, the earliest I can get in to see her is the last freaking week of next February. I'm in nonstop pain, I'm so tired, and I don't have it in me for anything but cut-and-paste, which all still holds, because I'm already several hours behind on my revamped schedule of tasks for today. Tomorrow will undoubtedly be more of the same. 

Like the silver shortages weren't enough, the tripling of silver prices wasn't enough, the failed torch and then the leak and the inability to find a tank refiller weren't all enough, his crock pot failed last week, and the post office has been holding on to the replacement without bothering to give it to us since Friday, even though we were there multiple times Friday and Saturday. And now that he's got it, it's a mini, which is fine for tiny work, but big, bold Native jewelry's not going to fit.

Add to that our incredibly low level of sales, the fact that Venmo has a hold on a large payment with no info about when they might deign to release our money to us, the quarterly taxes for next year I still need to pay, the medical stuff we both have coming up, Wings's dental bridge failure again, and no time to get to Santa Fe for needed supplies, never mind the low-sales problem, and then there's losing several hundred dollars' worth of pledges on my Patreon this year and the very real threat of Twitter being destroyed by that genocidal white supremacist colonizer. If it collapses? So does our best source of sales and subscriptions, by far, and I don't know how we survive that. Wings always assumes that everything will work out, but I'm the one who has to make sure it happens, and I'm failing at it pretty badly right now. And, of course, my increasingly disabling medical issues and unmanageable pain levels . . . yes, everything's terrible.

I need help to get everything covered. We. Need. Sales.

All the links are here; please, share them, too (and there's a new wishlist priority, the automatic composter, which will do wonders for saving on waste and allow Wings to compost the land and trees regularly even through the winter; my physical function is impaired enough now that things can only get done if I have the help of equipment like this):

  • Sales here
  • Testimonials here
  • Amazon wishlist here (priorities are, first and foremost, the wheelbarrow, then the other ladder);
  • Patreon here;
  • Ko-fi here.

We're still hoping to put aside enough for a new well when the ground thaws enough to drill in the spring, too, Nah, we've given up on the well. No one's available to drill before late next year at the earliest, and this year's tax burden means we would never be able to afford it anyway. But it's even more of a good time to make a purchase, because Uncle Sam is a vindictive colonizer, and my current stress levels about paying it all are off the charts. And there's lots of fabulous work, so please share all of the links. 


All content, including photos and text, are copyright Wings and Aji, 2022; all rights reserved. Nothing herein may used or reproduced in any form without the express written permission of the owner.                                                                 

No comments :

Post a Comment