Thursday, November 10, 2022

That day.

Photo copyright Aji, 2022; all rights reserved.

Today was that day. It was five years ago today, this afternoon, to be exact, that I almost died.

The first time.

There's a second marker coming up again in a couple of weeks, for he second time I almost died.

No, they still don't know why. I probably have better educated guesses than any of the medical people who "treated" me for it, either time. It all comes back to the autoimmune stuff, and soemthing having gone very dangerously, inexplicably wrong.

But my girl was back, with her offspring, and they kept an eye on me today. They sat there sharing space this morning, and then they put on an aerial show for me directly overhead. Mom is my girl (or maybe I'm hers, I don't know which way it works) and she came back to make sure I could get some overhead shots. When we left to go into town to run some urgent errands, they followed us. And they're out there somewhere now, albeit likely asleep already.

It's good that I had to be horribly busy all day; it didnt leave me much time to wonder if, or when, this might happen again. Or, if/when it does, whether it'll be successful this time. I've had repeated episodes since, and no one can figure them out, but they're terrifying. And my autoimmune disease is very decidedly much worse now than it was on November 10th, 2017.

Right now, I have no spare time for anything except trying to bring in more income.  I will be doing nothing but pushing sales for at least the next five weeks, even though everything Wings has currently in various stages of the creative process is now at a standstill (we shipped the faulty regulator back today, but we won't get the replacement before Monday or, more likely, Tuesday of next week). But I need to make this happen sooner rather than later, because the tax burden won't wait, and there's too much else that needs doing, even as my illness leaves me with less function by the day now. It's everything, from pain to balance to ability to walk properly to ability to use my hands properly, and the damage is increasing even as I'm running out of time to do it all. Which means I need help to get everything covered.

All the links are here; please, share them, too (and there's a new wishlist priority, the automatic composter, which will do wonders for saving on waste and allow Wings to compost the land and trees regularly even through the winter; my physical function is impaired enough now that things can only get done if I have the help of equipment like this):

  • Sales here
  • Testimonials here
  • Amazon wishlist here (priorities are, first and foremost, the automatic composter and the wheelbarrow, then the other ladder);
  • Patreon here;
  • Ko-fi here.

We're still hoping to put aside enough for a new well when the ground thaws enough to drill in the spring, too, Nah, we've given up on the well. No one's available to drill before late next year at the earliest, and this year's tax burden means we would never be able to afford it anyway. But it's even more of a good time to make a purchase, because Uncle Sam is a vindictive colonizer, and my current stress levels about paying it all are off the charts. And there's lots of fabulous work, so please share all of the links. 


All content, including photos and text, are copyright Wings and Aji, 2022; all rights reserved. Nothing herein may used or reproduced in any form without the express written permission of the owner.                                                             

No comments :

Post a Comment