Monday, December 4, 2023

Lots of melt; lots of mud.

Photo copyright Aji, 2023; all rights reserved.

It got up to 50 degrees today. Lots of melt; lots of mud.

And thirty degrees too warm.

Days of the week don't generally mean much when you work for yourself, but today was absolutely a Monday. My knees are so bad that walking is murderously painful, and I had to stand in line for a half-hour-plus trying to pick up scrips at the pharmacy today. Just shy of $100 on that, and that was positively cheap compared to the cost of Wings's scrips a couple of weeks ago.

The errands meant that we got back late, I got to work late, and I'm still trying to catch up just for today, never mind everything else. Hopefully I won't have to go out again except to the post office [and that, too, will be half an hour in line, and will cripple me for several days to come, just as today is doing to me right now].

I've got to have time to work here, because I've got to make sales. We've had two sales over the weekend, but we'll need to sell a lot more between now and year's end, obviously. My Patreon for the month is down ~$250 at the moment [that's how much it was short on the December 1st payout for subscriptions for the month of November, and so far, all of those still haven't been paid]. And, of course, we haven't brought in anywhere nearly enough sales all year. It's grim. I still don't know what more I can do at this point; my pain levels are completely out of control right now, and I'm back to barely being able to walk most of the time. I'm pushing myself as hard as I can, but nothing's working, least of all my body and brain.

I need to bring in at least $6K in sales between now and year's end to cover tax prepayments, and we haven't hit the $1K mark on that yet. Normally, I would've been paying them quarterly, but not this year; we haven't had enough sales to do that, and I'm behind on everything else, too, all while my illness worsens seemingly by the day. Until those prepayments are off my desk, I can't relax, can't do anything other than push to get them covered. I really need help. As always, all the links are listed below, and sales are the most important:

  • Sales here
  • Testimonials here
  • Amazon wishlist here (liquid soaps are priority now [or Amazon cards, and I can order them myself]); 
  • Patreon here;
  • Ko-fi here.

There's lots of fabulous work on the site, and there will be much more in the days to come. The way this year has gone, things will still be grim for a good while and the holidays are already here, so please share all of the links. 



All content, including photos and text, are copyright Wings and Aji, 2023; all rights reserved. Nothing herein may used or reproduced in any form without the express written permission of the owner.                       

No comments :

Post a Comment