Sunday, December 3, 2023

Still some storms hanging around the peaks.

Photo copyright Aji, 2023; all rights reserved.

Mostly sunny skies here today, but still some storms hanging around the peaks. Which is good! Our snowpack is down annually every year now, so every bit of snow at higher elevations matters for the entire ecosystem. We just could use more of it down here.

But the ground is softened; the snow, as it melts, is soaking in. We still have full ground cover virtually everywhere, except for those areas that Wings ploughed even before this last one hit. We have to do a lot of walking here to get all the work done, and at our ages [and with my illness], a fall on the ice has the potential to be catastrophic, so he clears paths at the first opportunity.

Today's real gift is that the wind has mostly stilled. The damage to my joints is done; that's going to take days to recover. But at least it's not being made worse. And the air doesn't seem nearly so brutal without those trickster winds slicing the cold right down to the bone as it was gleefully doing all day yesterday.

And we've had two sales this weekend. 

That alone has boosted my ability to cope with my pain levels, after such a seasonal sales drought. We'll need to sell a lot more between now and year's end, obviously. My Patreon for the month is down ~$250 at the moment [that's how much it was short on the December 1st payout for subscriptions for the month of November]. And, of course, we haven't brought in anywhere nearly enough sales all year. It's grim. I still don't know what more I can do at this point; my pain levels are completely out of control right now, and I'm back to barely being able to walk most of the time. I'm pushing myself as hard as I can, but nothing's working, least of all my body and brain.

I need to bring in at least $6K in sales between now and year's end to cover tax prepayments, and we haven't hit the $1K mark on that yet. Normally, I would've been paying them quarterly, but not this year; we haven't had enough sales to do that, and I'm behind on everything else, too, all while my illness worsens seemingly by the day. Until those prepayments are off my desk, I can't relax, can't do anything other than push to get them covered. I really need help. As always, all the links are listed below, and sales are the most important:

  • Sales here
  • Testimonials here
  • Amazon wishlist here (liquid soaps are priority now [or Amazon cards, and I can order them myself]); 
  • Patreon here;
  • Ko-fi here.

There's lots of fabulous work on the site, and there will be much more in the days to come. The way this year has gone, things will still be grim for a good while and the holidays are already here, so please share all of the links. 



All content, including photos and text, are copyright Wings and Aji, 2023; all rights reserved. Nothing herein may used or reproduced in any form without the express written permission of the owner.                       

No comments :

Post a Comment