Sunday, December 10, 2023

Maybe we'll get lucky.

Photo copyright Aji, 2023; all rights reserved.

Lenticular clouds. Usually herald a change in the weather, by which I mean a change from clear to stormy. We're not supposed to get any weather before late Wednesday, but who knows? Maybe we'll get lucky.

Speaking of lucky, a few more changes today in the aftermath of my first chemo dose: I can bend my right leg almost to a 90-degree angle at the knee, and I can lift it high enough to put my jeans on [rather than stepping into them at ankle height]. My shoes are visibly loose, because apparently the swelling in my metatarsal joints is . . . gone?  Even my jeans are less tight today. The pain, of course, is a nightmare, because there's no buffer zone via the swelling. But supposedly, if this actually works for me, as I gradually increase the dosage I should see at least some diminishing of the pain. No idea how long that will take, or if it will even ultimately happen, but I have to admit that seeing a difference in a matter of hours has made me feel optimistic.

Through it all, I still have to make sales, of course. We've had a couple of them over last weekend and now a couple more this week, but we'll need to sell a lot more between now and year's end, obviously. My Patreon for the month is down ~$250 at the moment [that's how much it was short on the December 1st payout for subscriptions for the month of November, and so far, all of those still haven't been paid]. My guess is that those won't materialize later in the month; that will be the penalty [or one of them anyway] for taking a vocal stand about the genocide being perpetrated against Palestine and its people now. Of course, we haven't brought in anywhere nearly enough sales all year across the board, even before recent developments that require a moral stand of us. It's grim.

And aside from all of that, I also need to bring in at least $6K in sales between now and year's end to cover tax prepayments, and we haven't hit the $1K mark on that yet. Normally, I would've been paying them quarterly, but not this year; we haven't had enough sales to do that, and I'm behind on everything else, too, all while my illness worsens seemingly by the day. Until those prepayments are off my desk, I can't relax, can't do anything other than push to get them covered. I really need help. As always, all the links are listed below, and sales are the most important:

  • Sales here
  • Testimonials here
  • Amazon wishlist here (the liquid soaps I had on the list are now refusing to ship to us, so I've replaced them with two others, at the top of the list, for now, and they're the current priority [or Amazon cards, and I can order them myself]); 
  • Patreon here;
  • Ko-fi here.

There's lots of fabulous work on the site, and there will be much more in the days to come [some possibly as early as tonight! yes, I know I said that yesterday, but yesterday was a nightmare, so here we are]. The way this year has gone, things will still be grim for a good while and the holidays are already here, so please share all of the links. 



All content, including photos and text, are copyright Wings and Aji, 2023; all rights reserved. Nothing herein may used or reproduced in any form without the express written permission of the owner.                        

No comments :

Post a Comment