Monday, November 23, 2015

Monday Photo Meditation: A Bird's-Eye View

Photo copyright Wings, 2015; all rights reserved.

Now posted at The NDN Silver Blog, it's a photo meditation specific to this Monday, this week . . . and its larger historical context and meaning. Sometimes, it's necessary to strip away the shibboleths and the whitewashed veneer of pretty but utterly false and frankly dangerous mythologies imposed by the dominant culture. This does so in a very small and gentle way, in a week that, for Wings and me, requires care and and commitment to historical honesty if we are to navigate it.

The post is here. Wings's main page is here. Today's photos are part of a series he shot many winters past, with actual film, and are available for purchase in any of the usual three formats; simply inquire via the site's Contact form. Sales are much needed right now, so shares of the site links are much appreciated.



All content, including photos and text, are copyright Wings and Aji, 2015; all rights reserved. Nothing herein may used or reproduced in any form without the express written permission of the owner.

2 comments :

  1. Dropped you an email. Do you ever use saffron? I have a TINY harvest from the crocus I planted so far, and the only things I've seen to use it in is maybe apricot jam, and I think we'll be jammed out by the time we get done making this years' black raspberry jelly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whoops - I forgot to answer this earlier, didn't I? I LOVE saffron. I've been out of it for years, though. The Canadian guy who used to harvest my traditional mushrooms for me occasionally got some and sent it to me, but he's out of the business now. No one around here (that I know of, anyway) has it.

      Delete