Wednesday, December 23, 2015

WHO. IS. THE. ELF?!

Photo copyright Aji, 2015; all rights reserved.

We almost didn't go into town today. Too much to do, and I have a migraine anyway. But She-Wolf needed her diabetic kibble to last her through the holiday weekend, and so we piled into the truck to run errands.

After the vet's we headed to the post office; I waited in the truck while Wings went inside to check the box. He came out loaded down with two Amazon boxes, one small one that was something we'd ordered (and had to re-order, as the first one was missing a crucial component); the other was enormous, and we pegged it for a bag of dog food from our wish list.

It was that [gestures toward photo, above]. Also from our wish list, but with no notification, and no card included to let us know who it's from. But it came just in time: That return? The item missing a component? Tomorrow was the last day to print the mailing label that would prevent us from having to pay for the return shipping ourselves.

The label is printed.

To Santa's elf, whomever you are, thank you from the bottom of my heart.


All content, including photos and text, are copyright Aji, 2015; all rights reserved. Nothing herein may used or reproduced in any form without the express written permission of the owner.

2 comments :

  1. I don't know who the elf was, but I know it wasn't me, because I didn't even realize you had a printer on your wishlist, which reminds me that I haven't looked at it in a while. But I do have some sardines in the next box I'll be sending out, although now I see they're not on the wishlist atm :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wait, they're not on there? Gah - I will never figure out their methods of maintaining the list. It's supposed to be a "recurring need" or whatever it's labeled. But thank you - and Griffin thanks you, too. LOL - the sardines are what keep him from scratching in this dry cold air.

    Also, the printer was not actually on the list until . . . maybe a week ago? I can't remember. At any rate, Wings's shaver died, and we ordered him one, & when it arrived, it was missing the charger. So, back to Amazon to re-order. They e-mailed me a label to print so we wouldn't have to pay return shipping, and as I was starting to print the label, our printer gave up the ghost. It's old; it's been on its last legs for a long while. But it couldn't handle two more pages? Apparently not. So, anyway, I stuck it on the list, more so that I'd remember what model would work for our laptops when the time came that we could squeeze it into the budget, & we were gonna eat the shipping on the return, since tomorrow is the last day I could print the label. But we're saved!

    ReplyDelete