Monday, January 30, 2017

Relapse edition. Shares needed.

Photo copyright Aji, 2017; all rights reserved.

That's the current state of the upstairs bath. Doesn't look like much now, but that's about to change. 

Ice arrives tomorrow morning to begin taping for the interior plasterwork. Meanwhile, the crew will begin casing the downstairs windows, preparatory to plastering over the adobe. The latter is a multi-stage process, beginning with lath over the bricks and going through at least three coats of plaster (scratch, fill, float). Once Ice is done, I'm going to need to settle on paint colors for the upstairs, because I need to have that done before the tile goes in in the bathroom (and the rest of the flooring, too, although that remains to be ordered).

It's all more money out the door. They'll be picking up lumber tomorrow on the way on for casing the windows. There'll be a lot more than just that before the week is out.

We need shares. Badly. Consistent daily shares:
  • Shares of Wings's site; sales also fund the construction (indeed, they are the baseline for it). Testimonials help.
  • I've added Lowes gift cards to our Amazon wishlist. Those will really, really help with materials costs from this point forward.
Still, before you share our links, please go share Laura's. Lin's spirit is where the water meets the light, but Laura will still need our help for a while. Please T/R/share/donate to her fund if you can. Especially that last. It's needed.

And just know that I am way, way behind right now. I have messages to send and answer, but my brain has ceased function for the night; Wings and I have both relapsed from this same bug that's been hanging around since October, and I spent about 40 minutes walking Cree this evening because she colicked (which is what happens when, in the space of a couple of days, the temps go from seven below zero at night to a high of 49 this afternoon). I am sicker than a dog tonight, he's about the same, and I can barely strong two words together coherently. Until I can shake this at least a little bit, I'm going to be useless for most things, so please just bear with me.

Thanks, everyone.





All content, including photos and text, are copyright Aji, 2017; all rights reserved. Nothing herein may used or reproduced in any form without the express written permission of the owner. 



No comments :

Post a Comment