Monday, April 16, 2018

Dangerous winds and an exhausting pace. One more pledge gets me over the 60% mark. Patreon subscribers, sales, and shares all needed.

Photo copyright Aji, 2018; all rights reserved.

That's before the wind got bad today (click on it for the full effect). It's bad now. It'll be a lot worse tomorrow. We've been told to expect sustained winds up to 50 mph, with gusts exceeding 70 mph. It's the kind of wind that makes it dangerous to be outside. Tomorrow will be a day to be gotten through, and not much else.

Today wasn't that kind of day, wind notwithstanding, but it was the kind of day that forced me to overdo things by . . . a lot. Our friends/clients visited today; one will be back next week with her husband. We had a bunch of errands to run thereafter, and one small bit of good news utterly out of the blue, something resolved after I was expressly told it would go the other way, and it got reversed without me having to raise my blood pressure fighting it.

It was also the second anniversary of the day Griffin left us (in body, if not entirely in spirit). That makes it by definition a difficult day for me. For both of us, actually. 

At any rate, the pace (and that on between 2.5 and 3 hours' sleep) today has left me no time for anything, certainly no editing and uploading. I'm hoping (between the weather and my own exhaustion levels right now) that we don't have to go anywhere or do anything outside the norm for the next few days, so that I can get content uploaded to my Patreon. That's the big task for the rest of the week, assuming the rest of life cooperates. 

Speaking of the new Patreon, it's here. I still can't believe that in four days, folks have gotten me to $1 shy of 60% of my monthly goal. Last night's patrons put it up there, and I don't even have words to express my gratitude. I would like to make up the other 40% ASAP, of course, but even more than that, that $599 is kind of like nails on a chalkboard. It would've been $600 but for the fees Patreon extracts right off the top. So. I'd be grateful is folks continued to share that link around, and if you've been contemplating subscribing, now would be a good time (you're not billed until May 1st); it will also get it off that weird -99 thing. Thanks, everyone.

And speaking of the medical bills those funds will be used to pay, I've got $3,500 breathing down my neck right now. I've got another $20-some thousand after that, but the $3,500 represents the ones dunning me most intensely right now. Forget about the next round of upcoming tests; I have no clue how much and can't worry about it now. So here are all the links; please share them:
  • My new Patreon, The Interstices (Writing Between Worlds);
  • Wings's site, for sales;
  • Wings's direct PayPal link;
  • A way to buy me coffee (which actually goes to all of our medical bills, which continue to mount; another almost $400 for Wings this week);
  • Amazon wishlist, which mostly consists of supplies for She-Wolf;
  • Partial registry #1, from Bed, Bath and Beyond. There are new kitchen-y things on it now, stuff that I didn't realize we'd need to replace (either because the RV ruined it or because we gave it away when we had to downsize).
  • Partial registry #2, from Wayfair. There are some things left on both registries that I thought by now I might be able just to buy outright, but medical bills (mine and She-Wolf's both) have to come first.
I'm still having a huge amount of chest pain and difficulty breathing daily, which makes me very slow at getting stuff done. I'll do my best to get everything posted over there as fast as I can. Much gratitude to all of you, and please continue to share the links.




All content, including photos and text, are copyright Aji, 2018; all rights reserved. Nothing herein may used or reproduced in any form without the express written permission of the owner.

No comments :

Post a Comment