Tuesday, April 24, 2018

She-Wolf has decided today was not her time. Yes, the Patreon is back up. Subscribers, sales, and shares all very badly needed right now.

Photo copyright Wings, 2018; all rights reserved.
Wings took that earlier today, with what we assumed would be She-Wolf's last marrow bone. We assumed incorrectly.

To back up a bit: It's been a hell of a horrible week, and it's only Tuesday. We'll take today first; early this morning, it appeared that She-Wolf would probably not make it much past noon. I knew, given how high her numbers were, that we were fast approaching that point; when she refused even raw meat, that confirmed it. She had begun losing some motor control, too, although she has not been in any pain. Several times today, I thought the moment had arrived. And yet . . . she is still with us, and although weak and exhausted, feeling better overall than she has all day, apparently. We know this is only a temporary reprieve. She may not make it through the night; if she does make it to tomorrow, we'll have to make sure then that she's not in pain, and if she is, that requires us to make a different kind of decision. But for this moment, as I write this, she has said, "Not yet," and that is still her decision to make. 

So. It has been a heart-breaking rollercoaster of a day. To free Wings up to do all the 1,001 things that have to get done, I've been the one sitting vigil with her, and I'm exhausted. Today's high winds didn't help on that score, nor did the fallout from yesterday's events.

So, back to yesterday. Someone (presumably the same someone who succeeding in shutting down our crowdfunding site for the house a year ago with the same lies) apparently "reported" my Patreon page with a false accusation of fraud. (Apparently, they also got one of my site trackers deleted, too, presumably because they didn't want me to figure out which person had JUST been online and decided to engage in a bit of fraud to injure us once again.) It's been resolved, in part thanks to the many folks who know me and hit the Contact links. They've given me assurances that they've taken certain steps to prevent a repeat of this mess. But to the person who continues to stalk and harass and overtly attempt to hurt me: You're a terrible excuse for a human being. Trying to destroy someone's livelihood, trying to inflict physical harm (because that's what you did, and I am still suffering the physical aftereffects today in a very big way)? That's evil. I can guess at some of your so-called "reasons." Wings is pretty sure, given certain timetables and your acts within those frames, that he knows who you are, and I'll just leave your sick soul to sit with that. Because you are sick; you're what we would call windigo. I have no time for you or your pathologies, and I'm done giving you a moment's thought. 

But speaking of the new Patreon, it's here, and as I said the other day, there are three new posts up, two at the lowest level (one of which is a freebie accessible even to non-subscribers) and one at an intermediate level. There's a lot more in the pipeline, but this was all the time I had today for such things; I'll be uploading several more pieces over the next week or so. I would have done some of this yesterday, but . . . see above. I still do need to get the rest of the way to goal if I'm going to have any hope of getting this stuff paid off in any kind of remotely reasonable timeframe (and at this rate that's still three years, FFS), and I also need to raise about $4K basically yesterday to cover the immediate vultures, so I'd be grateful is folks continued to share that link around, and if you've been contemplating subscribing, now would be a good time (you're not billed until May 1st). Thanks, everyone.

So here are all the links, and the rest is cut-and-paste; please share them:
  • My new Patreon, The Interstices (Writing Between Worlds);
  • Wings's site, for sales;
  • Wings's direct PayPal link;
  • A way to buy me coffee (which actually goes to all of our medical bills, which continue to mount; another almost $400 for Wings this week);
  • Amazon wishlist, which mostly consists of supplies for She-Wolf;
  • Partial registry #1, from Bed, Bath and Beyond. There are new kitchen-y things on it now, stuff that I didn't realize we'd need to replace (either because the RV ruined it or because we gave it away when we had to downsize).
  • Partial registry #2, from Wayfair. There are some things left on both registries that I thought by now I might be able just to buy outright, but medical bills (mine and She-Wolf's both) have to come first.
Nothing's changed on the medical front: Several bad episodes over the last week, unfortunately. Lots of autoimmune pain, lots of chest pain, lots of difficulty breathing. I'm going to be slow. I'm also going to be unsociable, because it's taking all I have to get through the day in very practical literal terms right now, and I have a ton of incredibly stressful external demands on me. I won't be around much save for posts and links, and won't be checking in much otherwise; I'll be busy chasing sales and trying to keep the vultures at bay. I'll do my best to get everything posted on my Patreon as fast as I can. Much gratitude to all of you, and please continue to share the links.




All content, including photos and text, are copyright Aji, 2018; all rights reserved. Nothing herein may used or reproduced in any form without the express written permission of the owner.

No comments :

Post a Comment