Wednesday, August 21, 2019

Constant storms.

Photo copyright Aji, 2019; all rights reserved.
Constant storms, but not the kind that result in anything helpful.

The hay was supposed to be cut last weekend. Friday came and went, then Saturday. Then Sunday, it was a flat tire, so it was supposed to be Monday. By late Monday, nothing, and the forecast for Wednesday (i.e., today) was rain, so we had to postpone it.  God thing; it poured yesterday. But as has been the case nearly every week this fucking summer, we have lost days (and sometimes money) waiting for other people to get their shit together, whether it's River or Joe or cutting and baling or delivery people or repair people, and I am ready to lose it. We have been able to go exactly nowhere, do exactly nothing, a d get exactly nothing accomplished all summer long because we have spent days out of literally every week waiting for people who don't hold up their end. Meanwhile, everybody sure wants their money fast enough, and they also want money for nothing, but when we need a little help? They all vanish.

Yeah, I'm mad right now. I'm also discouraged; a whole year on, aside from this nonsense, nothing but medical bills to the tune of tens of thousands of dollars and counting, and no relief in sight from that, either. We were supposed to be spending this year finishing the house (no, there's still a tone of stuff that needs to be done, completely aside from the bullshit repairs thanks to the plumbers who should all lose their licenses), and maybe, just maybe, occasionally having a little fun. We can't even get down to Santa Fe for some paperwork I need to take care of we've been trying for months.

And still the bills come. I did not pay that big one yet, because I simply haven't had time. I'll be out another three figures tomorrow, and that doesn't even account for whatever labs and tests might get scheduled, which could put that well up into four. Yet another next week, too, plus one for Wings. And I can't sleep, in part because the pain is so bad I'm literally crippled today.

The rest is cut-and-paste; I don't have the time, the money, or the heart for anything else right now, and I still have a seemingly endless to-do list that keeps growing no matter how much pain wracks my body. 

Two new items by Wings, the viral post from Friday night here. I've got to make some sales this weekend, and weekends are always the worst time. I also have to get a lot of other work done, since school started this week and that leaves us without River to help out. Migraines and hip pain make me even slower than usual, so I need to get on it, which means that the rest is the usual. Links embedded below.

In the meantime, everything else marches on, including the autoimmune complex and the asthma and the coronary artery concern (all of which, hey, guess what, could all be bound up with this — not necessarily caused by or causing, but playing off each other, certainly) for me; including the knee pain and the prospect of replacement and the radiology labs and the other concerns for him. No end to the stresses, and my body is having serious trouble keeping up now.

Same with the expenses. Two hundred Monday for equipment and meds I haven't even had a chance to use yet; well over a hundred yesterday, with a followup in about ten days, and an appointment with my regular doc before then, with, I'm now reasonably sure, some very costly labs to follow. Two more immediate appointments coming up for Wings, too, the first today. No idea what they're going to decide to do with regard to the new and visibly-growing lump on the other side of my throat.

We had to pick up both the truck and the mower last Friday, and that was hellish all by itself (four figures between the two). We also have to get the hay cut, probably this weekend, to make it fit around the weather and not have it either burn up in the fields or drown, get moldy, and rot. So to make all this happen, I have to bring in a lot more scratch — LOT more — to cover everything, and that means sales, which are way, way down. My pain levels are also completely out of control these days, the kind of pain that renders you utterly non-functional, except that I don't have a choice but to keep working at everything. So you know what comes next.

Sales here; testimonials here; wishlist (such as it is still — I've added some candles of the nontoxic variety to deal with the lingering mildew odor in the utility room while it's drying out from the plumbing disaster, the kind that are not supposed to impair my breathing, the kind we can't get locally; I've also added a couple of supplements I have to take and our one real vice, the coffee we prefer [cheaper by the case, and the thing that's probably highest priority]) here

Speaking of testimonials, new ones are posted at long last; if you haven't submitted yours, please do, because this helps us make sales (and we keep you as anonymous as you want to be; you can see the kinds of options people choose in the various entries). We need more folks to send them in, too. 

Wings dropped three new works Saturday, and they're posted here (one is also featured today at his site and in the post below this one). Please go to their respective entries on his site and share them all. And if you're interested in one yourself, believe me, you won't be disappointed; these are truly extraordinary. He also dropped three new pieces a few days ago, including an absolutely phenomenal pair of dangle earrings; the post is here. That's on top of several new bead pieces a couple of weeks ago; you can find the summary post here. The new butterfly concha belt dropped a few days ago, and it is absolutely incredible. We really need to sell it; that would take care of looming medical stuff, at least in part. And while I spend every spare moment chasing those sales, there aren't many spare moments for me these days, especially with my ongoing breathing issues and whatever else is going on that they haven't identified yet; new labs and meds and equipment to that end having to be paid for next week. So please, help us get the word out. I've got to bring in more sales somehow.



All content, including photos and text, are copyright Aji, 2019; all rights reserved. Nothing herein may used or reproduced in any form without the express written permission of the owner.

No comments :

Post a Comment