Monday, August 19, 2019

Two new pairs of earrings by Wings, and these are phenomenal.

Photo copyright Aji, 2019; all rights reserved.

As promised, two new pairs of earrings by Wings, and these are phenomenal. I couldn't choose a favorite between them if I tried. And I had to try them both, natch.

The first are Spirits Dancing Upon a Green Earth, shown above. I was wearing a malachite-green shirt today (one that I have since ruined because while I was recording the dimensions, I leaned against his workbench, where there was a tiny bit of residual jeweler's glue, and of course I unknowingly transferred it to the front of my shirt), and they made the shirt positively glow (until I ruined it, anyway). These are slightly heavier than the second pair, but even as low as the holes are in my earlobes, I can wear them just fine. You can read the full description here.

Photo copyright Aji, 2019; all rights reserved.
The second pair are called Day Dreaming (and no, it's not "daydreaming," but day dreaming, which for us is very much an active pursuit). These are made with Sleeping Beauty turquoise that has only been a little more than rough-polished on the surface, giving them a nuggety texture. You can read their description here.

As always, this is hand overlay work, and cutwork, too: all freehand, no machining or other aids. Also as always, lots of Indigenous silverwork by a master, both traditional and contemporary, at NDN Silver, and you can order via the Contact form.


All content, including photos and text, are copyright Aji, 2019; all rights reserved. Nothing herein may used or reproduced in any form without the express written permission of the owner.

No comments :

Post a Comment