Wednesday, June 1, 2022

A *ride*.

Photo copyright Aji, 2022; all rights reserved.

Small dog, giant bale, and she does it from a standstill in one leap.

I wish I had that kind of agility.

Speaking of giant bale, there are actually two there, for the 7 horses we're now feeding and watering (in addition to our own two). The guy we get the hay from has only eight bales left, and he said there's literally none to be had, for love or money in any amount; this year's crop is already dust, courtesy of drought and fire.

So the smart thing to do would be to buy at least two of them, to store for our own horses for the winter. But that's another ~$400 on top of what we just paid this morning. We also had to shell out for a couple of loads of fill and the moving of it.  And today, I paid out $550 in cash for my first ketamine therapy treatment.

It was a ride. That's about all I'm going to say about it for now. It's already made some difference, so I'm going to stick with it, but I may push back the next appointment, which is currently scheduled for 2 weeks from now, because it's . . . a lot. A lot on your body, a lot on your brain, a lot on your spirit. And no one needs to worry that I'm going to become an evangelist (not least of which is because I hate evangelism, but aside from that), because it's very clear to me that this is not for everyone. Not by a long shot. I'm fortunate to have certain . . . spiritual tools and techniques at my disposal to allow me to ride it out and let it do its work, but for some people, I can see how it would be an absolute tidal wave of triggers and recurrent trauma. 

So far, it seems to be working for me. Which means I need to keep bringing in enough to cover it [and the horses, and the taxes, and and and and].

Links are here:

  • Sales here
  • Testimonials here
  • Amazon wishlist here (priorities are first and foremost, the other ladder, the Thermacell lanterns [the flies are already out, so the mosquitoes won't be far behind], and the liquid soaps, which we can't get locally but prevent our hands from cracking and bleeding given that we're forced to wash them fifty times a day);
  • Patreon here;
  • Ko-fi here.

We're still hoping to put aside enough for a new well when the ground thaws enough to drill in the spring, too, Nah, we've given up on the well. No one's available to drill before the latter half of summer, and the tax burden means we would never be able to afford it anyway. But it's perhaps even more of a good time to make a purchase, because Uncle Sam is a vindictive colonizer, and my current stress levels about paying it all are off the charts. And there's lots of fabulous work, so please share all of the links. 


All content, including photos and text, are copyright Wings and Aji, 2022; all rights reserved. Nothing herein may used or reproduced in any form without the express written permission of the owner.                                    

No comments :

Post a Comment