Saturday, June 11, 2022

We have to worry about this one.

Photo copyright Aji, 2022; all rights reserved.

That was yesterday evening at sunset. They're calling it the Midnight Fire, and it ballooned from 10 acres to 3,500 acres within 28 hours. ZERO containment.

That 3,500 number was at dawn, so Spirit only knows how far it's spread since. One source last night said that it was fewer than twelve miles away by then. The forecast winds have been pushed back to Monday and the rest of the week, but we have a brisk breeze that will turn to real winds before much longer today, it's 96 degrees and climbing (we will hit 100 today at least, which is, or was, vanishingly rare here), and our humidity is 8%.

We have to worry about this one.

So now I have one more factor to take into account this weekend while I'm trying to arrange for planting and cleaning and the animals and sales and bringing in enough to pay for Wings's and my medical stuff next week and both tax payments, and I can't do it alone. [There will be no planting; too hot and too dry; we'll have to try again late next week.] My Patreon is also already down $50 this month and I've had a very kind heads-up letting me know that it will be going down a few hundred more, permanently, beginning next month. So I need to bring in enough to cover that, plus the hay, and the taxes, and my medical costs, and and and and. And I am so very tired all the time; that's what lupus does, on top of the crippling pain. I need help to get this all done. And I'm going to be paying out a substantially-high four figures this week, and frankly, I'm scared. If we don't bring in something to counter it? With my monthly income going down by several hundred shortly, we're in trouble.

Links are here:

  • Sales here
  • Testimonials here
  • Amazon wishlist here (priorities are first and foremost, the other ladder, the Thermacell lanterns [the flies are already out, so the mosquitoes won't be far behind], and the liquid soaps, which we can't get locally but prevent our hands from cracking and bleeding given that we're forced to wash them fifty times a day);
  • Patreon here;
  • Ko-fi here.

We're still hoping to put aside enough for a new well when the ground thaws enough to drill in the spring, too, Nah, we've given up on the well. No one's available to drill before the latter half of summer, and the tax burden means we would never be able to afford it anyway. But it's perhaps even more of a good time to make a purchase, because Uncle Sam is a vindictive colonizer, and my current stress levels about paying it all are off the charts. And there's lots of fabulous work, so please share all of the links. 


All content, including photos and text, are copyright Wings and Aji, 2022; all rights reserved. Nothing herein may used or reproduced in any form without the express written permission of the owner.                                    

No comments :

Post a Comment