Wednesday, April 30, 2014

I Hate Spring

Photo copyright Ajijaakwe, 2014; all rights reserved.

Speak not to me of the virtues of this season. [Hint: There aren't any.]

Sing not to me its praises. [I'm not that delusional.]

As though the constant fluctuations in temperature and weather and these hell-born winds (and the ghastly pain they inflict my own body, and his) weren't enough, Spring sucks for the animals, too.

It brings colic. And founder.

And this girl is in full founder right now. What's called "a laminitic event."

This is not in the least unusual. In fact, it's an annual event. Events.

So, one farrier's visit (great guy), one farrier's bill (very reasonable, actually), much equine discomfort, and much pain to our backs and knees and hands later, Cree is once again de-clogged and sortakindabutnotreally barefoot. Styro pads duct-taped to her forefeet. We'll see what happens over the next two weeks. 

And if this fucking season doesn't resolve itself soon, I'm going to lose my mind.




Copyright Ajijaakwe, 2014; all rights reserved.

1 comment :

  1. Poor Cree! Poor you! Hope everything evens out there soon so you can catch a break.

    ReplyDelete