Sunday, February 12, 2017

Hiatus begins, more or less. Shares and sales very much needed.


Taking posts out of order tonight. Wings and I have both been at it all day today, one unending parade of chores and tasks even as he dropped the fourth in his new series of coils. This one is, fittingly enough, the one that represents the gift of love, in time sort of but not really for Valentine's Day. I'll have it in a while, but it's a lot of photographing and editing and writing and posting, so it'll be relatively late. The rain and snow are supposed to be here imminently and last into Tuesday, but I'll believe it when I see it. The last big storm we were supposed to get consisted of bitterly cold winds and about two dozen tiny flurries in my face.

We're on hiatus this week, although Carlos is coming daily to help with muck duty and other tasks, and he's going to do a couple of things on the house tomorrow morning, such as RedGarding the shower bases so the sealant can dry. That's about it. I hope we can make some sales this week, although it's a bit late for Valentine's Day. We need to generate something, because that's the only way we're going to be able to keep the construction moving forward beyond the end of next week. So close and yet so far.

So we need shares. Every single day.
  • Shares of our YouCaring page via the widgets provided, especially the widget code, which has once again been moved back to the purple box at the lower right-hand side of the page, that produces the image shown just above.
  • Shares of Wings's site; sales also fund the construction (indeed, they are the baseline for it). Testimonials help.
  • I've added Lowe's gift cards to our Amazon wishlist. We're having to spring for lumber, lath, and plaster material locally (some of the lumber and a badly-needed saw were bought today). The rest of what makes it habitable — flooring, paint, appliances, etc. — are coming from Lowe's, which is giving us the best selection and price, and therefore best bang for our buck, but it's still a lot. A LOT. And so one of the best, most immediate ways to help at this point is with Lowe's gift cards. I have three separate denominations posted on the wishlist, but cards in any amount whatsoever are useful; they all go into the same pool.
Still, before you share our links, please go share Laura's. Lin's spirit is where the water meets the light, but Laura will still need our help for a while. Please T/R/share/donate to her fund if you can. Especially that last. It's needed.

As I said above, I got absolutely nowhere on my plan to try to catch up. I'm exhausted, but I can't take the time to rest that my body needs; there's too much to be done on all fronts. My s-i-l is sick (I'm cooking tonight so she won't have to deal with it tomorrow), Wings and I are both struggling with massive fatigue, and the demands and pressures of the house just never end. So please continue to share all the links above on a daily basis; you never know who'll see them and be inspired to buy or donate. 

Thanks, everyone.



All content, including photos and text, are copyright Aji, 2017; all rights reserved. Nothing herein may used or reproduced in any form without the express written permission of the owner. 

No comments :

Post a Comment