Friday, February 24, 2017

Priming almost done; return to color coats. Crew off until 6th, but shares desperately needed.


Welp, my e-mail is still hosed. I'm no longer sure how long this has been building, nor how much I've missed in the way of messages. I also have no idea how to fix it.

No time, either. The weather has been horrendous the last two days, 40-mph Arctic winds with plummeting temps that will hit single digits again tonight, with wind chills well below zero. This bug I've had since October is trying to get a foothold in my chest again, and I'm past tired of it. But there's never an end to the task list, and today was no exception.

The priming is mostly done, save for a few spots of edging on the west side, which Wings is planning on finishing tomorrow. Thank heaven for him, because he can handle the roller so much faster than I can, especially with the high ceilings. Today I began the second coat of color in the bathroom — sponged copper over a velvety charcoal gray. [Opalescent white will be the third coat.] Yes, I have photos. No, I can't show them to you right now. The insoluble e-mail mess is taking up all the space on my laptop, and I can't download anything at all. 

I don't know how we're going to finish, though. Had we had any kind of reasonable, believable, decent result on November 8th, both sales and donations would likely be on a relatively even keel, but given the reality of what we're facing . . . . I no longer have any confidence in it. We will keep plugging ahead as best we can, but without something changing drastically, we'll have to call a halt not all that long after the crew comes back to work the week of the 6th. We desperately need to make sales, and we need shares:
  • Shares of our YouCaring page via the widgets provided, especially the widget code, which has once again been moved back to the purple box at the lower right-hand side of the page, that produces the image shown just above.
  • Shares of Wings's site; sales also fund the construction (indeed, they are the baseline for it). Testimonials help.
  • I've added Lowe's gift cards to our Amazon wishlist. We're having to spring for lumber, lath, and plaster material locally. The rest of what makes it habitable — flooring, paint, appliances, etc. — are coming from Lowe's, which is giving us the best selection and price, and therefore best bang for our buck, but it's still a lot. A LOT. And so one of the best, most immediate ways to help at this point is with Lowe's gift cards. I have three separate denominations posted on the wishlist, but cards in any amount whatsoever are useful; they all go into the same pool. We're going to have to take care of the flooring very, very soon.
Still, before you share our links, please go share Laura's. Lin's spirit is where the water meets the light, but Laura will still need our help for a while. Please T/R/share/donate to her fund if you can. Especially that last. It's needed.

In the meantime, please also take a moment to share the links above.

Thanks, everyone.





All content, including photos and text, are copyright Aji, 2017; all rights reserved. Nothing herein may used or reproduced in any form without the express written permission of the owner.  

No comments :

Post a Comment