Sunday, February 26, 2017

Proverbial dog edition. Shares desperately needed.


Well, this weekend has been a complete waste. I have accomplished nothing on the house; we're both sicker than the proverbial dog, and nothing I do will even begin to shake this croupy cough. I feel like absolute death, not even sure about the warmed-over part, and he's not feeling any better than I am.

Anyway. My laptop also barely functions; my e-mail doesn't work on it at all. There is something very wrong that I can't find, and we don't have a Mac repair person here in town, and I can't be without what little functionality it gives me anyway, certainly not for days to ship it off to someone I neither know nor trust with my data. So between that and my health issues, I'm going to be very not-at-all on top of everything for the foreseeable future. 

Not that it's going to matter much after next week if some things don't change soon. We can't go forward without the ability to buy materials and pay for labor. Period. Our health is severely compromised by this, entering our seventh year of living in this tin can, and I had so hoped that we would get out of it by summer, but I'm no longer sure that will happen. I let myself believe in it for a while, but I let myself believe in a lot of things that have since proved to be a mirage. This just hits a little closer to, well, home.

Yeah. It's bleak right now. And more dangerous winds and bitter cold on the way, this time allegedly with snow (tomorrow and Tuesday). 

We need shares. I mean, I just can't seem to emphasize it enough, apparently. Takes two seconds. Two minutes if you add a sentence or two of endorsement. But we need them, and badly. Here's the cut-and-paste (sorry, no energy for anything else these days): 
  • Shares of our YouCaring page via the widgets provided, especially the widget code, which has once again been moved back to the purple box at the lower right-hand side of the page, that produces the image shown just above.
  • Shares of Wings's site; sales also fund the construction (indeed, they are the baseline for it). Testimonials help.
  • I've added Lowe's gift cards to our Amazon wishlist. We're having to spring for lumber, lath, and plaster material locally. The rest of what makes it habitable — flooring, paint, appliances, etc. — are coming from Lowe's, which is giving us the best selection and price, and therefore best bang for our buck, but it's still a lot. A LOT. And so one of the best, most immediate ways to help at this point is with Lowe's gift cards. I have three separate denominations posted on the wishlist, but cards in any amount whatsoever are useful; they all go into the same pool. We're going to have to take care of the flooring very, very soon.

Still, before you share our links, please go share Laura's. Lin's spirit is where the water meets the light, but Laura will still need our help for a while. Please T/R/share/donate to her fund if you can. Especially that last. It's needed.

In the meantime, please also take a moment to share the links above.

Thanks, everyone.



All content, including photos and text, are copyright Aji, 2017; all rights reserved. Nothing herein may used or reproduced in any form without the express written permission of the owner.


No comments :

Post a Comment