Wednesday, February 1, 2017

Taping done; texture next. Window casing begins Monday. Shares very much needed.

Photo copyright Aji, 2017; all rights reserved.

Ice and his assistant finished up the taping today. The crew is now off for the week (save Carlos, who's helping with muck duty to earn some extra money). If I understand correctly (Wings is snoozing and I'm not about to wake him to verify it), Ice will be back on Monday to begin the texturing of the upstairs walls and ceiling, and to give us a quote on the downstairs areas that will need it (one kitchen wall, pantry front, coat closet, bath, utility room, one living room wall). The rest of the downstairs will be traditional adobe plaster.

In the meantime, the horse vet will be here tomorrow to check on Cree, who's been having a lot of difficulty with the extremes of weather and temperature. She's as long in the tooth as I am, and we're both arthritic now, even apart from our respective chronic health issues. It was near 60 today, and this weather is murder on our bodies (as well as dangerous for the ecosystem here).

The crew will be back on Monday, too; we're able to cover next week, at least. Beyond that . . . it's a crapshoot at the moment, which is why we need shares so desperately:
  • Shares of Wings's site; sales also fund the construction (indeed, they are the baseline for it). Testimonials help.
  • I've added Lowe's gift cards to our Amazon wishlist. Those are one of the things we most need, since our materials costs are climbing daily. There's a lot left to buy, unfortunately, and more flooring and interior paint are both on tap for next week, as are lumber, lath, and plaster material locally.
Still, before you share our links, please go share Laura's. Lin's spirit is where the water meets the light, but Laura will still need our help for a while. Please T/R/share/donate to her fund if you can. Especially that last. It's needed.

And yes, I'm still sick. I don't know when I'll be able to shake this. It sends my autoimmune symptoms through the roof, and my pain levels along with them, so I'm not good for much right now beyond the barest minimum. If I can get the weekend to recuperate, I might get a few things caught up, so please bear with me. 

Thanks, everyone.



All content, including photos and text, are copyright Aji, 2017; all rights reserved. Nothing herein may used or reproduced in any form without the express written permission of the owner. 

No comments :

Post a Comment