Friday, July 13, 2018

Big storm; little rain. No making it rain any other way, either. Sales very badly needed, and subscribers and shares, too.

Photo copyright Aji, 2018; all rights reserved.
That's the storm that's here now. It looked much more impressive than it actually is; save for a few moments of steady rain, all we're getting out of it are light showers. Still, it's something, I suppose. Big storm; little rain. No making it rain any other way, either. Speaking of making it rain, Wings's fabulous new piece is almost done; I'll be posting it either tonight or tomorrow. It's amazing.

I keep saying that I'll be back to writing soon, and it keeps not happening. Part of it is simple exhaustion after the events of the last two weeks, and the way the effort has jacked my pain levels in my wrist and hand. It never ends; that pain, like the autoimmune stuff, is always present, every second of every day. But it's a matter of degree, and I aggravated the nerve pain fairly substantially, it seems. No, it's nothing to see a doctor about; it's just my new reality. Again. Two more Internet outages today, too. The news is always unrelentingly awful, and between it and the fatigue and the grief and the pain and the sure and certain knowledge that things are going to get a lot worse while the country essentially sits by and fiddles, I've lost all trust in all but a very, very few people and even more lost my desire to engage with the outside world.

As I said yesterday, all of this also puts me even more behind on my day-to-day stuff, on top of being extra behind from the time spent trying to save a horse and the amount that my injuries are slowing me down. To that end, I have to get back to it all, so it's just cut-and-paste from here on out. We very much, very badly need sales and new Patreon subscribers, and since this is early July, if you subscribe today, you won't be billed until August 1st. We have got to make some sales, though. Here are the links and a request to share them, because without those sales and subscribers, I honestly don't know how we get through this:
I had said that I'd really like to raise another $500 in subscriptions before July is out, just to have a little more to throw to the medical wolves that are constantly at my throat. That never ends, either, and the stress is not helping with the cardio stuff. Now, we've got a lot more that needs to be done, too, and I'm damned if I know how. The truck was more than enough to throw a wrench in the works (and that's still unfixed, for the most part, given that just the one part is more than $1,200, so . . . ), but this thing with Shade? Out of left field. And once you're in it, you have to keep going; there's no way out but forward, whatever the result. So please, please share the links. Thanks to everyone for the prayers and kind words and other help for Shade. I know she was better off for it, and I know she appreciated that.




All content, including photos and text, are copyright Aji, 2018; all rights reserved. Nothing herein may used or reproduced in any form without the express written permission of the owner.

No comments :

Post a Comment